ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received BRP, but no letter or e-mail?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ayrton04
Newly Registered

Missed wife's middle name on ILR application

Post by ayrton04 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:03 pm

Hello,

I recently submitted my wife's ILR application. She's an American citizen who is here on the five-year route. After downloading the application, I realised with some degree of horror that I didn't put her middle name in the very first page of the application. :oops:

Reading these forums, I've seen it suggested that this would mean that she wouldn't be able to take her Life in the UK exam (she was able to), and that it would get flagged when she went for her biometrics appointment (it wasn't). I obviously can't get any information out of UKVI, so I am stuck on what to do next. Should I want to see what they say, or should I assume it's going to go horribly wrong and start over somehow? If they tell us we need to submit again, will she have to leave the country in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Missed wife's middle name on ILR application

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:24 am

You are overthinking this. UKVI relies on her passport details not just the data on the form. There is no issue at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ayrton04
Newly Registered

Re: Missed wife's middle name on ILR application

Post by ayrton04 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 pm

OK, thanks for your response!

ayrton04
Newly Registered

Received BRP, but no letter or e-mail?

Post by ayrton04 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Hello all,

My wife received her BRP today, but we never received any other communication from the Home Office about the success of her application before that (and yes, we've obviously checked her spam folder, both locally and on Gmail itself). Has this happened to anyone else? Does it matter? What is in the letter in general?

Thanks,
Tom

zimba
Mood:

Re: Received BRP, but no letter or e-mail?

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:08 pm

ayrton04 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 pm
Hello all,

My wife received her BRP today, but we never received any other communication from the Home Office about the success of her application before that (and yes, we've obviously checked her spam folder, both locally and on Gmail itself). Has this happened to anyone else? Does it matter? What is in the letter in general?

Thanks,
Tom
No letter is sent. BRP is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ayrton04
Newly Registered

Re: Received BRP, but no letter or e-mail?

Post by ayrton04 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Thank you!