ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund for an unsubmitted application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

giriz
Newly Registered
India

IHS Refund for an unsubmitted application

Post by giriz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi mods and other experts,

Please read on my case below and share your thoughts on how I can get the paid IHS surcharges on an incomplete and unsubmitted application form for my child.

I was here on T2 General visa since Aug 2018. My child was born here in 2019 but as we didn't go out of the UK due to covid etc. We didn't bother to get any visa for her to come back, which could have been a problem. Meanwhile as my visa expiry came closer, I started filling out a PBS dependent application form for my child's visa and even paid the IHS for this period till Aug 2021 (same expiry date as my current visa) in May 2021. My company immigration caseworker then advised that I need not do this as the child's leave in this case will only be valid till Aug 2021 and asked me to file new application which will get all of us the same extension whilst I go for my Tier 2/now skilled worker visa renewal. I did not proceed further on that old application and went ahead with my renewal for all dependents including this child. Now, is there any chance that I will get my paid IHS surcharges on my discarded application back? If yes, what exactly is the process.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in Advance.

giriz
Newly Registered
India

Re: IHS Refund for an unsubmitted application

Post by giriz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm

Apologies for duplication..it was unintentional..the page was stuck and i tried too many times..mods, kindly delete the duplicated threads