ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can we obtain a permanent UK Visa for my Philippina girlfriend?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danlines
Newly Registered
Mood:

How can we obtain a permanent UK Visa for my Philippina girlfriend?

Post by danlines » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi.

Thank you for taking the time to read my question today and I really hope you are able to offer some help, any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

My girlfriend is Philippina and I am British, we are living in London at the moment although I am from Bournemouth. She has overstayed her tourist visa here but we would like to get her a permanent visa. We have been told we need to get married, can we get married in Philippines or does it need to be here? Does she need to go home first before making the application? What are the chances a permanent visa will be approved? Of course we would have no problem proving we are a real couple as we've been together 3.5 years.

We understand we will have to use a solicitor and that's ok but any advice you can offer would be incredible (I am just a housekeeper in a hotel).

Thank you in advance guys.

Dan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How can we obtain a permanent UK Visa for my Philippina girlfriend?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:00 pm

How long has she overstayed her visitor visa?

You can get married in the Philippines.

She must apply for a spouse visa from her home country.

You don't need a solicitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

danlines
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by danlines » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:53 am

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

She was due to go home at the end of 2019.

That's good news about not needing a solicitor, so we can fill out the forms online then I guess?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 am

danlines wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:53 am
That's good news about not needing a solicitor, so we can fill out the forms online then I guess?
Correct yes, link below.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.