ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement UKNaric or English certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shoaibsuleman

English Language requirement UKNaric or English certificate

Post by shoaibsuleman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi

I have a bit of a unique situation and I would really appreciate if someone please give me advise.

I am planning to apply my Mrs Naturalisation application. In a past for ILR we have submitted her MBA degree from Pakistan with UKNARIC equivalent certificate, which they classed as British Bachelors degree.

Since that in Naturalisation application when I finished filling the form it says I need to provide UKNaric Equivalent certificate from UKNaric and the letter confirming the course is taught in English. On the equivalent certificate its not mentioned about the course taught in English.

Now my Mrs also passed the CEFR level B1.1 english exam as well, needed for naturalisation.

So I have a dilemma now,
a) should I specify in the form that I am applying on the basis of degree/UKNaric equivalent for English Language requirement and add the English exam certificate as well along with cover letter saying "For ILR I have applied using my degree and UKnaric however now I also completed this English course as well"
Or
b) I should ignore the degree and just apply on the CEFR level B1.1 english language exam basis?

The reason of confusion/hesitation is that we applied ILR on the degree and UKNaric Equivalent certificate and dont want changing that to English certificate create a problem for us.

Thanks for reading and appreciate if you please help.

Thanks
SH.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Language requirement UKNaric or English certificate

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:15 pm

On the face of it option B is probably the simplest - select the option for B1 test. There's no requirement to use the path which you went for ILR. For B1 you simply provide the test certificate. Can't see it creating an issue for the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.