ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imagineunicorns
Newly Registered

ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Post by imagineunicorns » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:48 am

Thank you for your reply.

I have seen posts where people have stated thejr application has been refused due to their latest payslip or bank statement being out of the 28 days.
I have an employers letter that is also outside of the 28 days, I applied on 27th July 2021 and my employers letter is dated 23rd June 2021. I spoke to UKVI on the phone and they said I would be able to receive a refund on my application if I withdraw. However there is information somewhere which states that you will not receive a refund if you apply within the UK. I am so confused. I don't know what to do.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 pm

imagineunicorns wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:48 am

I have seen posts where people have stated thejr application has been refused due to their latest payslip or bank statement being out of the 28 days.
I have an employers letter that is also outside of the 28 days, I applied on 27th July 2021 and my employers letter is dated 23rd June 2021. I spoke to UKVI on the phone and they said I would be able to receive a refund on my application if I withdraw. However there is information somewhere which states that you will not receive a refund if you apply within the UK. I am so confused. I don't know what to do.
Have you enrolled your biometrics ??

FYI this the requirement under the rules:
Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating
to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence must be dated no
earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

imagineunicorns
Newly Registered

Post by imagineunicorns » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:25 pm

No, we have not enrolled biometrics yet.

I spoke to a solicitor today who advised that the 28 day rule doesn't apply to spouse visa extensions, only the initial spouse visa. And that it shouldn't be a problem. I know of a few people who submitted their employer letters dated 2 months prior to application and their visas were granted.

I have my July payslip (arrived 26th July which is in time for the submitted app on 27th July) but my wage won't be deposited into my bank account until tomorrow or 31st July so I will need to provide transactions upto that date to show the deposit of wage however this will take me outside of the application submission date. Which worries me!
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 pm
imagineunicorns wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:48 am

Have you enrolled your biometrics ??

FYI this the requirement under the rules:
Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating
to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence must be dated no
earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Uploading evidence later is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice