ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Replacement, no answer - wait time 9 weeks so far

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katesiv
Newly Registered
Thailand

BRP Replacement, no answer - wait time 9 weeks so far

Post by katesiv » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Hello, I was just wondering if I can ask anywhere for status update on my application for BRP replacement card (which I have lost). I submitted the biometric data via IDV app (due to Covid) on 11 May 2021, now it has been a total of 9 weeks of waiting. I haven't heard back from UKVI.

Please let me know if I can follow up on this somehow...

Thank you so much.

shannon5g
China

Re: BRP Replacement, no answer - wait time 9 weeks so far

Post by shannon5g » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:24 am

Same. Submitted my replacement application on 2 June and went to the biometric appointment on 29th June.
Not heard back yet.

Called HMRC and they said it could take 2 months. Some posts here seem to suggest a total period of 6 months.

Butokuclub
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Butokuclub » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice on the wait-times for a replacement BRP card. Whilst my wife holds Indefinite Leave to Remain she had her BRP card pickpocketed in March. She immediately reported the card as stolen and applied for a replacement card. On 5th May she had a biometric information appointment in London. The theft of the BRP card fell before a prearranged outward flight to Japan at the end of May, which my wife (and two children!) still took. At the time we were optimistic the BRP card would be issued after a few months to allow her to return home, however we still haven't heard anything...

My wife's flight back to the UK is in early August, however on the basis we've received no update on the replacement BRP card we are trying to decide when to delay her return flight until. Should she allow a full 6-months? We're tried explaining the situation to the UK Gov helpline, who simply state it's necessary to allow a 6 month wait. It's somewhat ridiculous: she already has the right to remain in the UK, she simply lost the physical card as her purse was pickpocketed.

Any advice anyone might have on way forwards from this situation that would be most helpful! :D

Chris

katesiv
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by katesiv » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am

katesiv wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello, I was just wondering if I can ask anywhere for status update on my application for BRP replacement card (which I have lost). I submitted the biometric data via IDV app (due to Covid) on 11 May 2021, now it has been a total of 9 weeks of waiting. I haven't heard back from UKVI.

Thank you so much.
Hi all, I just want to update my situation. I have received an email that my application for replacement BRP is successful on 16 Jul 2021. And my card was delivered by TNT mail on 21 Jul 2021. So in total it's about 10 weeks of waiting time from biometric submission via IDV app, to receiving the actual card.

Hope this helps. And good luck to everyone!

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:50 pm

shannon5g wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:24 am
Same. Submitted my replacement application on 2 June and went to the biometric appointment on 29th June.
Not heard back yet.

Called HMRC and they said it could take 2 months. Some posts here seem to suggest a total period of 6 months.
Hi,

Have you received any further update?

Thanks

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 pm

katesiv wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am
katesiv wrote:

Thank you so much.
Hi all, I just want to update my situation. I have received an email that my application for replacement BRP is successful on 16 Jul 2021. And my card was delivered by TNT mail on 21 Jul 2021. So in total it's about 10 weeks of waiting time from biometric submission via IDV app, to receiving the actual card.

Can you confirm if your BRP was definite or indefinte period?

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:05 am

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:50 pm
shannon5g wrote:
Not heard back yet.

Hi,

Thanks
No I have not yet :( It has been over 2 months for me since the application date

katesiv
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by katesiv » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 pm

CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:40 pm
katesiv wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am
katesiv wrote:

Thank you so much.

Can you confirm if your BRP was definite or indefinte period?
Mine was for definite period. Good luck.

CONNIEEE3
Newly Registered

Post by CONNIEEE3 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 pm

shannon5g wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:05 am
CONNIEEE3 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:50 pm
shannon5g wrote:
Not heard back yet.

Hi,

Thanks
No I have not yet :( It has been over 2 months for me since the application date
Any luck now :)?

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:46 am

Still no luck :/ It's coming up almost 4 months now... Losing my patience....

ashali
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by ashali » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:51 pm

I don't know this is a general problem with the home office now. We've been waiting for replacement BRP for my daughter since May, biometric taken in early June... and now still waiting after 4 months. We send an email to the general complaint email on the HM website, called the call centre which said the case has been escalated already, but still, nothing heard back. We are all sitting in the dark box. We've even contacted our local MP, but so far nothing has heard back from the MP either.

ashali
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by ashali » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:54 pm

shannon5g wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:46 am
Still no luck :/ It's coming up almost 4 months now... Losing my patience....
have you heard any news yet? seems like we have been waiting a similar period of time, I am starting to wonder about the possibility of someone incompetent in the HM accidentally deleted some records. It's not that it never happened before. There was this new early January this year on HM losing 140k biometric records from the police database. :|