ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Previous divorces

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jasweet
Newly Registered

2 Previous divorces

Post by Jasweet » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:04 am

Hi everyone. My fiance is a british citizen and has been previously married 2 times.
We want to get married in the Uk soon,
We just have 1 problem.
She does not have decree absolute for first husband just papers from unional council MFLO Papers from 2008. however for the second divorce she does have the decree absolute from early this year.
Both of her partners have not obtained a visa as her husbands, She has previously applied for both and got refused for entry clearance.
My question is will that be enough proof that shes free to remarry. Thank you

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: 2 Previous divorces

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:23 am

Jasweet wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:04 am
Hi everyone. My fiance is a british citizen and has been previously married 2 times.
We want to get married in the Uk soon,
We just have 1 problem.
She does not have decree absolute for first husband just papers from unional council MFLO Papers from 2008. however for the second divorce she does have the decree absolute from early this year.
Both of her partners have not obtained a visa as her husbands, She has previously applied for both and got refused for entry clearance.
My question is will that be enough proof that shes free to remarry. Thank you
I think the most recent absolute decree should suffice.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Jasweet
Newly Registered

Post by Jasweet » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:30 am

thank you ever so much for your quick reply, that has put me to ease abit.
Im glad shes got the English divorce for the second one.
Thank you once again.

Jasweet
Newly Registered

Post by Jasweet » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:12 am

@TODMATT
Sorry to bother you again.
My previous question about my partners 1st Marriage divorce union council papers, you said The most recent decree absolute will be enough, just wanted to ask double check that should we send the union council papers etc with the application to prove first divorce or leave them out?
its a confirmation letter from the union council in pakistan headed MFLO 1961 with the details shes divorced, She wasnt given a actual certicate or anything but is definetly divorced in 2008.

Jasweet
Newly Registered

Post by Jasweet » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:04 pm

We will be sending all the documents tomorrow, we have all other supporting documents for the fiancé visa so would really appriciate if anyone can answer my query.
Thank you in advance

Jasweet
Newly Registered

Post by Jasweet » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:11 pm

anyone please?