ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Near-expiry Tier 2 visa limitations

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rguasa
Newly Registered
Philippines

Near-expiry Tier 2 visa limitations

Post by rguasa » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:20 am

For context, I'm a Nurse currently under Tier 2 (General) visa which is expiring on the 20th of January 2022. I plan to continue working under the same employer for the foreseeable and would aim to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain status following 5 years of continuous residence which will be due on 31st of March 2022.

I plan to go back to the Philippines and attend to my elderly parents for 3 weeks in October this year. Given that my current visa is expiring in January next year, would there be any issues surrounding my planned travel? There are conflicting information about not being able to travel outside the country either 6 months or 3 months before the expiry date of the visa. Thanks in advance! :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Near-expiry Tier 2 visa limitations

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:28 am

There is no such restriction on travelling before your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rguasa
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by rguasa » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 am

Thanks for your response. May I ask if you’re under the same visa category and had the first-hand experience of travelling outside the country before your visa nearly expiring?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:29 am

CR001 is a Moderator of this site and her reply to your question was correct but you'll need to keep an eye on Covid travel restrictions.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice