ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship referee query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application

Post by Yacmers » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Dear team can anyone help me or clarified something for me . I am about to apply for naturalisation but I am not sure when I am able . This is my immigration history I came to this country as illegal in 2007 and in 1 September I got married to eea, then I got my 5 years residence card and in 2017 I got my settled in 2019 . So under good caractère I know I have to clock 10 years from my mariage . My question can I apply early like 2 month before or month before . Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:19 pm

You should have legal status in UK for the last 10 years. Apply after that date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Post by Yacmers » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:31 pm

Thanks for your answer

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Post by Yacmers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:19 pm
You should have legal status in UK for the last 10 years. Apply after that date.
Hi there can you clarify something for me please , regarding partner details , I am still married to my eea partner but we’re not living together . Do I have to put her address . Cause they asking on form partner details . Also she’s not British she eea . Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Why do you not want to declare her address? Any reason? The form asks for those details. However, it has nothing to do with your application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Post by Yacmers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:04 pm
Why do you not want to declare her address? Any reason? The form asks for those details. However, it has nothing to do with your application.
I was a bit confuse as I thought only for British citizen and now she’s staying in her friend place and I heard she’s moving soon so I wasn’t sure what to do . But like you said I just put the address where she live. Thanks for clarification

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Citizenship referee query

Post by Yacmers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 am

Hi there if any one can help me with this , I am about to apply for naturalisation, can I use my landlord as referee his Senior Underwriter at xxxxxxxx. Thank

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship referee query

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 am

Yacmers wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 am
Hi there if any one can help me with this , I am about to apply for naturalisation, can I use my landlord as referee his Senior Underwriter at xxxxxxxx. Thank
Check page 24 - "Insurance Agent" so guess senior underwriter (insurance?) falls under this as professional.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Post by Yacmers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 am

Yes I was checking the accepted referee professional it’s says insurance agent full time . Do you think it is the same senior underwriter insurance. Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Not familiar with the insurance business - though I have dealt with lease financing credit underwriters and they were in the main professionally qualified graduates. I'm sure it will be ok but you should ask about the professional qualification of the referee.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Yacmers
Newly Registered

Post by Yacmers » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:52 am

Thanks for your replay . Can I use oversea legal consultant . Qualifications:bar at law . I am his ex client . Know him more than 3 years . Thank you