ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU treaty rights de facto

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Samiam123
Newly Registered
Canada

EU treaty rights de facto

Post by Samiam123 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum.

I am originally from Canada I studied at Trinity college from 2015-2020. This is where I met my partner in 2017 who was in the same program as me.

I now work in Ireland as a health care professional on a 1G stamp. My partner is European and has been in Ireland with her family for over 10 years. In order to stay with my partner after my 1g stamp expires in November 2021 I have applied for stamp 4 EU/FAM this month.

I have recieved an acknowledgement letter from EU treaty division requesting more information this week, I have sent them the requested documents.

I know this process can take some time so I am wondering what my options are if I do not receive a temporary stamp 4 before my stamp 1G expires as I do not want to be separated from my partner.

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EU treaty rights de facto

Post by littlerr » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 pm

It'd be INIS's discretion to decide whether they want to give you a temporary Stamp 4 while the application is in progress. Being unmarried might be a disadvantage. You can of course write to them to request for a temporary stamp, but there is no guarantee whether they will issue you one.

If you are not given a temporary stamp, you can continue living in Ireland whilst your current application is in progress, but you will not be able to work.

Options for you:
- Are you an undergrad or postgrad? Postgrads can avail of 1G for 2 years.
- Is your job eligible for Critical Skills employment permit?

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU treaty rights de facto

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Well the way it works is this. The minister decides if you should be treated as a Permitted family member after you applied on form EU1A.

If they decide you should be, you will be sent a temporary stamp 4, whiles your residence card is under consideration.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors