ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZarifahZ
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by ZarifahZ » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:07 pm

kerra1989 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:24 pm
Hi,all. Thanks for sharing your situation. Bellow is my husband timeslot . His BRC expired yesterday 30/06/2021
granted pre-settled status - 23/03/2021
apllied for BRC under EU Settlement scheme - 24/03/2021
Submitted fingerprints - 21/04/2021
Confirmation email - still waiting
Card delivery - still waiting
He talked twice with UKVI and once with Settlement department, both useless. After second conversation with UKVI ,the agent said to him to email home office to their complaints email. He did it yesterday. And today he emailed ADAP.
We just pray they will deliver the card till end of this month, because we must travel abroad :cry:
Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Hi, have you received your BRC?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:03 am

I think it is always wise to wait until a reasonable point had passed before enquiring/escalating to MP. Given people with similar timelines as mine received their card on the 10th and 11th week, I waited until the 12th week after biometrics (If you have not reached these points, it might be too early to complain).

Last Friday, exactly on the 12th week mark, I had still no news, so I emailed ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gov.uk and APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk , with my full name, application ref, and application type (BRC RC). No reply.

Today I hit the 13th week mark after biometrics. Still nothing. So.... I just emailed my MP, with full details of my case: dates of application, biometrics, dates of expiration of card (2023), and that I believe my card has been deprioritized because of its expiration date.

Will update when I hear anything back.

Timeline:

Received Settled Status: Feb 15th 2021
Applied for card: Feb 15th 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 16th 2021
Still waiting.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

soyerlife

Post by soyerlife » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi kamoe
I did my biometrics same day as you . My old card expiry date is 2028 .
It's been 14 weeks now not 13 :) .
Please post when get any news as I need to apply for france visa and travel in same time .

kerra1989
Newly Registered

Post by kerra1989 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:55 am

ZarifahZ wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:07 pm
kerra1989 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:24 pm
Hi,all. Thanks for sharing your situation. Bellow is my husband timeslot . His BRC expired yesterday 30/06/2021
granted pre-settled status - 23/03/2021
apllied for BRC under EU Settlement scheme - 24/03/2021
Submitted fingerprints - 21/04/2021
Confirmation email - still waiting
Card delivery - still waiting
He talked twice with UKVI and once with Settlement department, both useless. After second conversation with UKVI ,the agent said to him to email home office to their complaints email. He did it yesterday. And today he emailed ADAP.
We just pray they will deliver the card till end of this month, because we must travel abroad :cry:
Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Hi, have you received your BRC?
Hi. No, we haven't received it yet. We talked so many times with UKVI and Settlement department, nothing changed. We received literally same responses to our emails to APAD and complaints. Ridiculous! Just basic information , which we already know, apologises for the delay and that they are unable to expedite our application.

yun123
Newly Registered

Post by yun123 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:05 am

Kuliska02 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:32 am
Hi guys, after I received my new RC I made update request for my login details, its more then 3 weeks now I didn't receive any confirmation email about my request, I would like to ask if anybody done that how long does it take approximately and how the process happening thx alot.
Hi, saw your post and I’m in a similar situation, have your details been updated? How long did it take for them to process it? Thank you

Frimpong05
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Frimpong05 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:21 am

It takes 3 to 4 weeks for the update. Don’t worry, they will email you when is ready.

cekaclassical91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cekaclassical91 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:42 am

Hi

I am new to this board. Me and my baby are EU citizen , my partner is not but he has aldready got his pre-settled status . His residence card expired on the 30th June. We had apply to upgrade it to EUSS card . This is his timeline:

Online application and documents upload : 12/6/2021
Biometrics taken : 18/6/2021
We are going into week 7 since biometrics but the only email I have got is from Sopra saying that all the supprting info was submitted to UKVI.

Someone please enlighten me as I have read in the comment some of you received emails from APAD . What is that APAD?

Thanks a lot!

cekaclassical91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cekaclassical91 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:18 am

Hi ,

I just received this email from APAD . Just want to update with you guys abou travelling without the residence card.

"Good Morning

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are working through our applications as quickly as possible in as close as possible to date order and you will receive a response as soon as possible. We are currently prioritising applications based on the expiry date of the BRC held. We ask customers to be patient during this time.

We are unable to expedite applications, provide updates or timescales.

If you still have a valid BRC, you can travel using that, otherwise:

The Home Office recommends no travel arrangements are made until your replacement card has been processed and delivered. If customers decide to travel without their BRC, they do so entirely at their own risk and may experience problems returning to the UK.

If you decide to travel without your BRCE and have EUSS Settlement, once you are abroad you would need to apply for and obtain an EUSS Family Permit, details of which can be found at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... uss-fp-ooc

Please do not reply to this email as we are unable to advise further. Any further emails received may be deleted without reply.c

moki28
Newly Registered
India

Post by moki28 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi, I thought I'd post an update here as I've been following along for all the helpful advice so far.

Received pre-settled status: Dec 16th, 2020
Applied for changing BRC card: April 10th, 2021
Biometrics appointment: May 11th, 2021
Letter from HO (card will be issued in 7 days): July 29th, 2021

My EEA BRC expiry date is July 4th, 2023

kerra1989
Newly Registered

Post by kerra1989 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:07 am

cekaclassical91 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:18 am
Hi ,

I just received this email from APAD . Just want to update with you guys abou travelling without the residence card.

"Good Morning

We are working through our applications as quickly as possible in as close as possible to date order and you will receive a response as soon as possible. We are currently prioritising applications based on the expiry date of the BRC held. We ask customers to be patient during this time.

The Home Office recommends no travel arrangements are made until your replacement card has been processed and delivered. If customers decide to travel without their BRC, they do so entirely at their own risk and may experience problems returning to the UK.

If you decide to travel without your BRCE and have EUSS Settlement, once you are abroad you would need to apply for and obtain an EUSS Family Permit, details of which can be found at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... uss-fp-ooc

Please do not reply to this email as we are unable to advise further. Any further emails received may be deleted without reply.c
My husband received absolutely same response from them! This means ,they are not even checking out personal circumstances. They're just sending automatically useless emails! That's so frustrating! Awful service 😡😡😡

kerra1989
Newly Registered

Post by kerra1989 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 am

moki28 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm
Hi, I thought I'd post an update here as I've been following along for all the helpful advice so far.

Hi, did you receive this letter in your letter box, please? Because as I know they send email. Thank you

hopeitwill
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hopeitwill » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:29 pm

cekaclassical91 wrote:
Hi ,

"Good Morning

This is the exact response I've received from the complaints service, so then I am to assume that there is no difference in trying to complain or emailing APAD. It'll happen when they get to your case, which is very unfortunate.

Mine also has been 12 weeks now and still no light at the end of the tunnel. My old card is supposed to expire in 3 weeks.

Can I just ask if people are receiving their replacements after their old cards are expiring? That would be even more unfortunate. We are literally stuck in limbo with already established legal statuses.

Slim_Shady
Newly Registered

Post by Slim_Shady » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am

Hello there, I would like to share my experience with this replacement process, as I am pretty much in the same boat with you guys.

So, I have applied for BRC replacement on 16/04/2021 and I have done my biometrics on 12/05/2021 in London...

I was thinking that I should receive my new card by the end of June (latest), and that did not happen.

My current BRC expired on 30/06/2021 and I have sent few e-Mails and got the (similar) above-mentioned response from APAD...

Now it is almost 4 months after my "Submission Date" and I am still waiting, nothing is happening, further more - my tenancy will expire in early September, so literally I have no idea what to do...

Is there anyone who knows what is the "longest" waiting time, as I am approaching 4th month of waiting - just to mention it should be up to 8 weeks..?

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Can I just ask if people are receiving their replacements after their old cards are expiring? That would be even more unfortunate. We are literally stuck in limbo with already established legal statuses.
[/quote]

Yes, my friend’s BRC expired end of June and still waiting. Biometrics done end of May. I thought they were prioritising those whose cards were expiring but I guess due to sheer volumes they are prioritising a lot of such instances. I have seen some whose cards ares expiring in 2023 being issued though with similar timeline to application and biometrics so doesn’t make sense.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 pm

hopeitwill wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:29 pm
cekaclassical91 wrote:
Hi ,

"Good Morning

This is the exact response I've received from the complaints service, so then I am to assume that there is no difference in trying to complain or emailing APAD. It'll happen when they get to your case, which is very unfortunate.

Mine also has been 12 weeks now and still no light at the end of the tunnel. My old card is supposed to expire in 3 weeks.

Yes, my friend’s BRC expired end of June and still waiting. Biometrics done end of May. I thought they were prioritising those whose cards were expiring but I guess due to sheer volumes they are prioritising a lot of such instances. I have seen some whose cards ares expiring in 2023 being issued though with similar timeline to application and biometrics so doesn’t make sense.

hopeitwill
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hopeitwill » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Slim_Shady wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am
Hello there, I would like to share my experience with this replacement process, as I am pretty much in the same boat with you guys.

So, I have applied for BRC replacement on 16/04/2021 and I have done my biometrics on 12/05/2021 in London...

I was thinking that I should receive my new card by the end of June (latest), and that did not happen.

My current BRC expired on 30/06/2021 and I have sent few e-Mails and got the (similar) above-mentioned response from APAD...

Now it is almost 4 months after my "Submission Date" and I am still waiting, nothing is happening, further more - my tenancy will expire in early September, so literally I have no idea what to do...

Is there anyone who knows what is the "longest" waiting time, as I am approaching 4th month of waiting - just to mention it should be up to 8 weeks..?
It isn't 8 weeks, they've told my MP that it could take up to 6 months. I was normally supposed to travel at the beginning of September, but I had to cancel it as it doesn't seem like anything is happening. My employee asked for my card but I could only show them my online status, which is not common at all yet. Mine is going to expire this month.

And thank you @Bazinga_ , we're all just gonna have to wait unfortunately.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm

It's the wild west if you ask me. Week 15th after biometrics and counting (April 16th). Card expires in 2023, no word from HO or MP.

From what I can tell I could travel with current card, and that's exactly what I'll do. Not sure I have any other choice.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Slim_Shady
Newly Registered

Post by Slim_Shady » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm

Ohh... I see... On official web-site it says up to 8 weeks for BRC replacement, so that is not correct?

Also, what happens if in meantime person has to move and change address? Reason for moving is end of tenancy agreement and according to information on "gov.uk" it says up to 8 weeks, so when I've applied (In April) I was expecting that process will end by the end of June.

Literally, I don't know what to do, as this should be straight-forward process, just issuing physical proof of already granted OnLine status...

hopeitwill
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hopeitwill » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:03 am

Slim_Shady wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm
Ohh... I see... On official web-site it says up to 8 weeks for BRC replacement, so that is not correct?

Also, what happens if in meantime person has to move and change address? Reason for moving is end of tenancy agreement and according to information on "gov.uk" it says up to 8 weeks, so when I've applied (In April) I was expecting that process will end by the end of June.

Literally, I don't know what to do, as this should be straight-forward process, just issuing physical proof of already granted OnLine status...
I think you can try asking your MP to contact UKVI about the issue, they're usually able to help contact them. I tried contacting them myself and I couldn't get through on the phone. Then again they may get the same answer (6 months).

moki28
Newly Registered
India

Post by moki28 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:51 am

kerra1989 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 am
moki28 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi, did you receive this letter in your letter box, please? Because as I know they send email. Thank you
No, I should've been more specific. I received an email from APAD.

Slim_Shady
Newly Registered

Post by Slim_Shady » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Can somebody help and advise what to do if I do not receive my card (because I am still waiting for it) and I changed my home address? What shall I do in that case?

As I mentioned before, I did not expect this process will take several months :( Soon, I will hit my 13th week after biometrics and still waiting, nothing is happening...

hopeitwill
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hopeitwill » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Slim_Shady wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:07 pm
Can somebody help and advise what to do if I do not receive my card (because I am still waiting for it) and I changed my home address? What shall I do in that case?

As I mentioned before, I did not expect this process will take several months :( Soon, I will hit my 13th week after biometrics and still waiting, nothing is happening...
There is an ability to view your application for the card, but I don't know if there is a way to change your address under that. Maybe there?

Olu1285
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Olu1285 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:33 am

granted pre-settled status – 24/10/2019
applied for BRC under EU Settlement scheme – 17/05/2021
Submitted fingerprints – 01/07/2021
Applied for Settled Status: 18/05/2021
Granted Settled status: 05/08/2021
Card delivery – 06/08/2021

fa86
Newly Registered
India

Post by fa86 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:14 pm

Wow !
Many Congratulations!!!

hopeitwill
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hopeitwill » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:54 am

I have finally received my card after 3 months! I am still thankful to have received it before my old one expires.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for theirs!