ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year route ILR with 210 days gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAVINDP
Newly Registered

10 year route ILR with 210 days gap

Post by RAVINDP » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:48 am

Hi,
Please find my details below and kindly advise on the best action.

I have valid visa from Feb 2011 to Jan2022.
Entered UK on March 2011 and went for official purpose out of UK on May 2012.
Was expected to travel back on Sept 2012 but due to medical reason travelled back on Dec 2012 when the issue reduced. Note: I still have the issue.

It is 210 days out of UK. I got letter from the hospital now and have the reports taken during that period.
Even letter from the doctor to whom I went for second opinion. NHS document to prove I still have the issue. Letter from the sponsor saying I went for official reason.
I have reports from Dec 2012 and all these years whenever I went for check-up.

Please let me know
* If there is any more proof I need to collect?
* If I am going for ILR is it advisable to go for priority service?
* Is it useful keeping the reports from 2015, 2016 and so on for added proof?
* Can I file for ILR on my own or I need solicitors support?

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 year route ILR with 210 days gap

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:13 pm

Discretion is rarely applied under the long residence. It is only applied when for e.g you physically could not travel as you were in the hospital the whole time. It is up to UKVI to see if it is appropriate. You may try for ILR but it is not ceratin as you are not eligible normally. You do not need a solicitor as they have no influence on your case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAVINDP
Newly Registered

Post by RAVINDP » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Can you please let me know under which Option will I get more chance to explain myself, is it under priority service or under normal option.
Want to understand under which circumstance I have better chance to present my case.
Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:38 am

RAVINDP wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 am
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Can you please let me know under which Option will I get more chance to explain myself, is it under priority service or under normal option.
Want to understand under which circumstance I have better chance to present my case.
Thanks.
The level of service you choose is irrelevant to your case. However, I suggest using the normal service as I do not believe your case can be decided in a few days. So no need to pay an extra fee
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAVINDP
Newly Registered

Post by RAVINDP » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 am

Thanks for your advise.