ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Tricky Timings (Moving House)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leaf

ILR When to Apply _ From Spouse Visa

Post by Leaf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Hello!

I have some confusion as usual, over the applying within 28 days before the visa expires stuff. We have almost finished the 5 year route on FLR(M) spouse visa, and was just planning on applying for ILR in those 28 days before the Valid Until date: 08/09/21 on the current permit card.

However I've just read that you can ( should? ) submit for ILR once the 60 months have passed from the original visa Date of Issue: 20/06/16. So now I have two dates 20th June this year which is when 60 months have passed, or the end date of the visa as shown on the permit on 8th of September.

I guess my question is does it matter what I choose to do here? Can we apply anywhere within that range? Or is it 28 days before the 60 months, OR 28 days before the expiry and nothing in between?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR When to Apply _ From Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:20 pm

The date the initial entry clearance visa was issued to start counting is irrelevant to a spouse visa holder. It applies to a completely different visa route.

For spouse visa holders, you start counting from the date you entered the UK. You can apply within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the entry date on a spouse visa. The latest you can apply is current visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:20 pm
The date the initial entry clearance visa was issued to start counting is irrelevant to a spouse visa holder. It applies to a completely different visa route.

For spouse visa holders, you start counting from the date you entered the UK. You can apply within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the entry date on a spouse visa. The latest you can apply is current visa expiry date.
Thank you so much for the reply! My wife was actually on the working holiday visa before the FLR(M), which I think does not work towards the ILR? So in that case I'm assuming the visa Issue Date is the same as the entry date? Or would it be from the date of application for the original FLR(M)?

Thank you for confirming the latest date is the visa expiry. Does that then mean we can also apply in-between those two dates as well then (after the 60 months but before the 28 days leading up to expiry)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:28 pm

The date her FLR m was granted is the start of the qualifying period then
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before FLR M issue date and no later than the current visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:28 pm
The date her FLR m was granted is the start of the qualifying period then
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before FLR M issue date and no later than the current visa expiry date.
Ok great, thank you so much for clearing that up!

Leaf

ILR - Tricky Timings (Moving House)

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 am

Hello,

We are applying for my wife's ILR soon but we are moving house half way through the 28 days period of when to apply. If we apply in the first half the 28 days the information we supply would be inaccurate by the time our application is looked at, but then if we apply after we move it could leave us with 14 or worst case 7 days left to apply with our new address.

I was happy to apply after moving house, but now I read about the 28 day lag booking UKVCAS appointments which is concerning if we only have 7 days to apply, and it seems you can only book after paying for your application? Any advice on when would be safest to apply?

I also saw something about the UKVCAS 45 days to book an appointment, is this still correct? Where can I see the official statement on this?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Tricky Timings (Moving House)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 am

Leaf wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 am
Hello,

We are applying for my wife's ILR soon but we are moving house half way through the 28 days period of when to apply. If we apply in the first half the 28 days the information we supply would be inaccurate by the time our application is looked at, but then if we apply after we move it could leave us with 14 or worst case 7 days left to apply with our new address.

I was happy to apply after moving house, but now I read about the 28 day lag booking UKVCAS appointments which is concerning if we only have 7 days to apply, and it seems you can only book after paying for your application? Any advice on when would be safest to apply?

I also saw something about the UKVCAS 45 days to book an appointment, is this still correct? Where can I see the official statement on this?

Thanks
To keep things simple and avoid issues, apply AFTER you have moved.

You must apply before visa expiry date. It doesn't matter if the biometric appointment is after the visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 am

Ok great, thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if the 45 days for the UKVCAS appointment is correct then?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 am

Yes, you have 45 days to book the appointment and enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:53 am

Ok great, thank you so much!

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:25 pm

I just thought of one more time related thing I wanted to check. In terms of evidence, previous applications I think they had to be dated within the last 4 weeks of applying for the visa (is 4 weeks correct?). Like bank statements and salary proof.

So does that 4 week rule still apply to the date we make ILR application online and NOT the date of our UKCVAS appointment?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:51 pm

The same rule applies to ilr.

The relevant date is the date of application which is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometrics appointment with a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Makes sense, thank you.

Leaf

ILR(M) Photos

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi, just wanted to check that we do NOT need to supply new passport sized ID photos anymore? Been reading different things, used to be 2 for applicant and 1 for sponsor with names written on the back. Is that all now handled at the UKVCAS appointment?

Also, are there any guidance forms around anymore!? During out FLR(M) applications there were tons of guidance forms and "small print" to be 100% sure of the correct evidence ect, but the online application does give you a great amount of info.

Thanks

Leaf

ILR(M) Photos

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:18 pm

In regards to my second question, could anyone confirm if Appendix FM Section 1.7 and Appendix FM-SE are also used for the ILR set(M) application? Or is there someone specific for that.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR(M) Photos

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Leaf wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:50 pm
Hi, just wanted to check that we do NOT need to supply new passport sized ID photos anymore? Been reading different things, used to be 2 for applicant and 1 for sponsor with names written on the back. Is that all now handled at the UKVCAS appointment?
Passport photos not required, when you attend biometrics appoint.ent your photo.will be captured.
Also, are there any guidance forms around anymore!? During out FLR(M) applications there were tons of guidance forms and "small print" to be 100% sure of the correct evidence ect, but the online application does give you a great amount of info.

Thanks

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Thanks for the answer, that applies to me (the sponsor) as well right? So we both have to attend the UKVCAS together then?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Leaf wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm
Thanks for the answer, that applies to me (the sponsor) as well right? So we both have to attend the UKVCAS together then?

Thanks
No you don't have to attend together.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Ok great, thanks!

Leaf

6 Items of Correspondence

Post by Leaf » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi again! Sorry for so many questions.

Would anyone be able to just check over the list of docs we would provide to show we have lived together at the same address please? Last visa was issued Feb 2019.

Joint
Council Tax March 2019
Council Tax March 2020
Council Tax March 2021
Internet June 2020
Internet July 2021

Extra if needed: Mortgage Offer June 2021 (but its a letter as a part of a whole mortgage offer, can I just upload the 1 page?

Applicant
Nationwide August 2019
NHS Dec 2020
Virgin Bank May 2021

Partner
Halifax July 2019
Student Loan September 2020
NHS March 2021

1. I know there is a limit to the sources, is the limit 2 from a particular source?
2. Is the limit the type of source OR the actual source? e.g. 2 from Banks OR 2 from Halifax but can also have 2 from Nationwide.

3. Unrelated to above, we are supplying current passport and old passport for my wife (applicant), do I (partner) also need to supply my old passport or just my current?

Thankyou for any help, really appreciate it!

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Sorry for the bump but does anyone have any thoughts for this? We are applying very soon so panic mode has begun!

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:44 pm

It has been repeated several times that ANY evidence can be used. There is no specific requirement so we cannot offer specific help on this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Leaf

Mortgage Proof

Post by Leaf » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:59 am

Thanks to all for the help so far, I have the FINAL question. We want to apply tomorrow to avoid gathering extra evidence once we move into September ( August payslip/bank ) but we still have not received a council tax statement and mortgage monthly payments statements by post at our new address, as we only moved in 4 days ago.

My question is, will it matter if apply and pay tomorrow but the council tax and mortgage statement are dated after that date?

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:37 pm

It does not matter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Leaf

Post by Leaf » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Ok that's great, thank you so much!