ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS Registration (Stamp 4)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunnysa
Newly Registered
South Africa

INIS Registration (Stamp 4)

Post by sunnysa » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Date of application: Jan 2020
Date of confirmation: Mar 2020
Temp Stamp received (Burgh Quay Office): Aug 2020
Final approval: Jul 2021

My questions is - when I was at the Burgh Quay office in Aug 2020, they took my biometrics and stamped my passport and I clearly remember being told that when I receive my final approval that I would just need to do the Renewal application online.

But when I was on the site last night it's asking for an IRP registration number and expiry date. I only have the temp stamp in my passport.
Do I need to make another appointment with the Burgh Quay office and go in again to apply for my card?
I tried calling them today but all I was told that the website is experiencing problems and to try again.
I'm a little confused to be honest.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: INIS Registration (Stamp 4)

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Your approval letter should have your GNIB/IRP number on it. If not, send an email to immigrationsupport@justice.ie. It might take a week before they come back to you, so make sure you have included everything in your email so that they know what you are looking for. You need to include all your registration details (name, DOB, address, phone, email, stamp type, approval number if there's one in the letter).

Expiry date - doesn't really matter. Just select any valid date that allows you to complete the registration.

If you couldn't find the number anywhere and INIS doesn't respond to you, you could also try to book an appointment if you can find a slot in the next few weeks or so.

spring_boot
Newly Registered
Mood:
Korea South

Post by spring_boot » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,

The IRP registration number is usually written on the stamp in the passport and the expired date too (if you don't have the card). It is something like "permit to remain in the state until DD MM YYYY " for the experied date.

KH

Sunnydazeireland
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Sunnydazeireland » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:08 pm

You should have received a card in august 2020.

The letter doesnt always have a gnib/irp number written on it.

Irp/gnib number is not written on passports at registrations. Sometimes written in them at the point of entry

Try ringing an immigration office outside dublin and explain situation they should have no issue telling you your number

sunnysa
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by sunnysa » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:54 am

Thanks everyone for the responses. Thought I'd give an update if anyone else is struggling. I called so many immigration offices outside Dublin but no one could assist me with the GNIB number as it was outside of their jurisdiction. I eventually received a reply from the Burgh Quay Office in Dublin (after 3 weeks). I've now done my online renewal and hope to receive my GNIB/IRP card soon.