ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deception and curtailment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Becks149

Deception and curtailment

Post by Becks149 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:42 pm

My previous topic 'Deportation' has been locked so I am opening a new topic.

First of all, thank you for all your replies. It is good to read different perspectives.

I want to know that if my spouse is in the UK, are there any chances that his entry clearance can be cancelled on the basis that deception was involved in the application form since some of the information given was false.

I have sent home office an email as the sponsor informing them about the errors in my application such as not staying together as husband and wife after marriage and then returning to the UK or answering no to the question that has my spouse been out of his country of residence in the last 10 years but in fact he was working in UAE so the answer should have been no.

My case has been escalated and I am expecting a response within 15 working days.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Should I be hopeful? I had sent the same email a couple of times but every customer service agent who responded didn't give an encouraging reply. Today one of the agents escalated my case.

I have read that if false info/documents are involved, this is deception and it can lead to the entry clearance being cancelled and also involve a re entry ban.

Also with regards to curtailment, is it true that the applicant has to leave within 60 days. How is the expiry date decided? So on the basis of the new expiry date, my spouse should either leave on his own will or be deported. Can he take any action before the expiry date?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Deception and curtailment

Post by Korekt » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 am

In trying hard to implicate the applicant, as it appears you're doing and looking for any means to, you might end up implicating yourself.

Be cautious.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:56 am

It is obvious that she was put under pressure to do something and went along with it because that is what was expected of her. Now that the reality of the situation has hit home, that she might well be stuck in a loveless marriage, she has taken the sensible step to end it asap.

The HO will not worry about her, she has a good explanation for her part in this, but they will hopefully return this man back to his country and refuse future applications based on the fact he lied and was prepared to marry anyone, to try to get a ticket to the UK.

The OP has done the right thing, now we hope that the HO does the right thing too. Don't crumble Becks, don't do something you're not 100% happy about, no matter how much family members tell you of their shame or disappointment in you.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 pm

Yh well OP clearly was aware of deception when application was made, which raises red flags. As you were in on the deception. Now that you don't want to live with your spouse, you're conveniently digging up things, to get their visa curtailed. Not a good way to go.

Best thing, is to get an annulment.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:18 pm

Do you all think this email will lead to a successful result?

In your opinion what do you all think the HO will do? I don't want to be hopeful and then get disappointed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:11 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:18 pm
Do you all think this email will lead to a successful result?

In your opinion what do you all think the HO will do? I don't want to be hopeful and then get disappointed.
I doubt anyone can assure you how it will turn out. Your decision to inform HO is what you have control over, how HO handles it and final outcome on reviewing all is their decision to make and don't expect they will keep you updated.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:50 pm

I have heard that the HO are very slow. If I don't get a response within 15wd, I will have to make another enquiry. I think it also depends on who deals with your enquiry. Some people are not bothered and will not do anything to resolve whilst some are quiet strict and will take immediate action.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:02 am

Becks149 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:50 pm
I have heard that the HO are very slow. If I don't get a response within 15wd, I will have to make another enquiry. I think it also depends on who deals with your enquiry. Some people are not bothered and will not do anything to resolve whilst some are quiet strict and will take immediate action.
Have you contacted the Home Office unit who deal with "relucant sponsors" cases?

The FMU public helpline can help with:

safety advice
providing assistance when an unwanted spouse is due to move to the UK (‘reluctant sponsor’ cases)
where possible, assistance in repatriation of victims held against their will overseas

Contact

telephone: +44 (0) 20 7008 0151
email, including for outreach work: fmu@fcdo.gov.uk
Facebook: Forced Marriage page
Twitter: @FMUnit
media enquiries:
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office +44 (0) 20 7008 3100
Home Office +44 (0) 300 123 3535

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/forced-marr ... t-can-help

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:13 am

Please also read this, for support.
https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-inform ... riage-law/

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:16 am

mavaas11 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 pm
Yh well OP clearly was aware of deception when application was made, which raises red flags. As you were in on the deception. Now that you don't want to live with your spouse, you're conveniently digging up things, to get their visa curtailed. Not a good way to go.
The words, pot, kettle and black spring to mind.
british-citizenship/need-advice-on-chil ... 45379.html

Some women are victims of a crime, as appears in the OP's case.

MMWM
BANNED

Post by MMWM » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 am

Becks149 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:42 pm
My previous topic 'Deportation' has been locked so I am opening a new topic.

First of all, thank you for all your replies. It is good to read different perspectives.

I want to know that if my spouse is in the UK, are there any chances that his entry clearance can be cancelled on the basis that deception was involved in the application form since some of the information given was false.

I have sent home office an email as the sponsor informing them about the errors in my application such as not staying together as husband and wife after marriage and then returning to the UK or answering no to the question that has my spouse been out of his country of residence in the last 10 years but in fact he was working in UAE so the answer should have been no.

My case has been escalated and I am expecting a response within 15 working days.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Should I be hopeful? I had sent the same email a couple of times but every customer service agent who responded didn't give an encouraging reply. Today one of the agents escalated my case.

I have read that if false info/documents are involved, this is deception and it can lead to the entry clearance being cancelled and also involve a re entry ban.

Also with regards to curtailment, is it true that the applicant has to leave within 60 days. How is the expiry date decided? So on the basis of the new expiry date, my spouse should either leave on his own will or be deported. Can he take any action before the expiry date?
Yes deception would be taken very serious and he might get a 10 years ban on future entry.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:16 pm

This was the wording of my email address, any thoughts:

Regarding visa application: GWF.......

I had applied for my husband's spouse visa and the biometrics were done on the 23rd of January 2021. My spouse collected his passport on 3rd June 2021 and his visa for Entry Clearance was granted.

However, I would like to inform the department that some of the information provided on my spouse's visa application was wrong.

On the application form, we answered NO to the question that has the 'applicant travelled outside his country of residence in the past 10 years'- he has previously been to UAE and has worked there for few years.

The translated English marriage certificate was not attested so it was not a certified copy.

The gap between our marriage and me returning to the UK was only 5 days in which we stayed separately and not as husband and wife. This was because we wanted the visa to be successful first and then start our married life.

My spouse's passport number on his English test certificate is L.......341 but his actual passport number is L....342.

The sponsorship declaration had the wrong date of birth and passport number for my spouse.

This clearly indicates that the caseworker who reviewed my application did not check my application thoroughly hence overlooking these important errors whilst making the decision.

I believe as a British Citizen it is my responsibility to disclose this information as I fear that these errors can cause problems. I have previously contacted the Home Office a number of times but unfortunately haven't received the right support.

My spouse who is arriving from a red list country has booked a ticket to come to the UK for the 20th July 2021. He is quarantining at...... hotel for 10 days.

Can the Home Office take any action at this moment of time because according to law the 'submission of false information in support of an application' (para 9.7.3.) can lead to a cancellation of entry clearance and result in my spouse being deported back to his home country.

I am happy for a caseworker to review my application again and will accept any changes in the outcome of the application even if this means that his visa gets cancelled/revoked.

As you would appreciate, immediate action needs to be taken because he has already entered the UK and would start residing with me from 30th/31st July.

Due to confidentiality and data protection, I would also like to request the department not to disclose my name if any further investigations are carried out as I am the only one who has willingly come forward to bring this matter to your attention.

Kindly could you send any correspondence direct to this email ........... because the email address in the application is not in use anymore.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:19 pm

These are all minor errors/issues.

You really should think carefully about accusing someone of deception when you are the associated party to this application too.

You need to complete the end of relationship form and submit. That is why there is a specific form. Sending multiple emails all over the place in the is not the right way to do things.

Be mindful that UKVI will not jump to your demands. They take their time and follow their own processes and there is nothing you can do to change that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:19 pm

You really should think carefully about accusing someone of deception when you are the associated party to this application too.

You need to complete the end of relationship form and submit. That is why there is a specific form. Sending multiple emails all over the place in the is not the right way to do things.

Be mindful that UKVI will not jump to your demands. They take their time and follow their own processes and there is nothing you can do to change that.
I agree that all the points that I have mentioned might be viewed as minor but the point about us staying separate from each other since our marriage is not minor I believe. Doesn't this point to the fact that our marriage was not genuine orsubsisting?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:49 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:19 pm

I agree that all the points that I have mentioned might be viewed as minor but the point about us staying separate from each other since our marriage is not minor I believe. Doesn't this point to the fact that our marriage was not genuine orsubsisting?
Instead of beating around the Bush and pointing at ECO not reviewing the application properly why not just take the bull by the horns and pointedly declare that te relationship is not genuine/you were coerced into it or you are no more comfortable?
Your previous action regarding the application makes you an accomplice and stating what you really feel or want while damning any family or societal pandering will probably fare thee well.