ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, Visa Extension and Police Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fergie0044
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR and BRP

Post by Fergie0044 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:21 am

Hi all,

I've been struggling to find an answer to this online, so thought I'd try the hivemind of experts here! My tier 2 visa is soon to expire and I'll be applying for IRL as I've been in the UK for 5 years. I'm going to apply on 18th August (my 5 years - 28 days date) however I want to travel home to Turkey later in September, if COVID lets me.

So like a sensible person I'll be paying for the fast IRL processing. However if my visa is accepted in time, do I also need to wait until my updated BRP arrives before I travel? Do I ALSO need to pay for the faster BRP processing?

If so, what are peoples experience with the fast processing process? In general how soon can I travel after applying (assuming its successful)?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR and BRP

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 am

You need your new BRP to return. Your old BRP will be invalid. There is no fast processing for BRP. The priority service gets you a faster decision but BRP might take longer to arrive
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Fergie0044
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: ILR and BRP

Post by Fergie0044 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:21 pm

OK, thanks for the help

Fergie0044
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR, Visa Extension and Police Certificate

Post by Fergie0044 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi all,

I have been in the UK for just over 5 years now with a tier 2 skilled worker visa. I was planning to apply for ILR at the end of my visa, but found out that I was going to be 13 days short of the required 5 years in the UK. Frustrating, but not unique to me. So instead I applied for a 6 month visa extension which I've now got.

I didn't realise that a visa extension would require updating my police registration certificate, so I was late in booking my appointment for that. However when I booked it online the closest date it could give me is August next year!

I now want to apply for ILR, but can I do this using my current police certificate or do I first need to get it updated? If so, any advice on how to get a better appointment date?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR, Visa Extension and Police Certificate

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:38 am

You did not need to apply for an extension at all. You should have applied for ILR and booked an appointment after the 13 adays. You wasted your money on that extension. Add a cover letter explaining that you cannot update your PRC. That is a minor issue and does not affect anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Fergie0044
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Fergie0044 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:45 am

Ah no! The company advising me on this (Fragomen) said that I could try and apply for ILR without an extension, but there was a good chance it would be rejected, so getting the extension was the safer option. Ah well.

But I should be OK without the Police Cert then? I have an appointment booked, so I can show that too.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 am

Fergie0044 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:45 am
Ah no! The company advising me on this (Fragomen) said that I could try and apply for ILR without an extension, but there was a good chance it would be rejected, so getting the extension was the safer option. Ah well.

But I should be OK without the Police Cert then? I have an appointment booked, so I can show that too.
I repeat it has no effect