ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UserILR2021
Newly Registered

ILR dependent

Post by UserILR2021 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:02 pm

I have just got my ILR under 10 years rule and now looking for dependent visas for my family. Can our experts here comment on the below queries?

1. My elder son is going to be 14 this year Sep. He was born outside the UK, was in the UK from 2011 to 2016, spent 15 months outside the UK and then from Dec-2017 till date, he is in the UK under Tier 2 ICT dependent VISA.
Is he going to be eligible for ILR, and when?

2. My younger son is going to be 8 this year Nov. He was born in the UK, stayed in the UK till 2016 and then spent 15 months outside the UK and then from Dec-2017 till date, he is in the UK under Tier 2 ICT dependent VISA.
Is he eligible for Citizenship?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependent

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:03 pm

1. No he is not eligible for ILR due to exceeding the absence limit for long residence ilr. What is the UK immigration status of your spouse/partner??

2. Yes, form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:35 pm

What is the UK immigration status of the other parent?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

UserILR2021
Newly Registered

Post by UserILR2021 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:10 am

Thanks. As of today my wife is on ICT tier 2 dependent.

I understand be is not eligible now but if he moves on ILR dependent now, in 5 years time he will be eligible. As was under impression that children above 18 are eligible for ILR if the parents got ILR before they turn 18.

Thanks a lot.