ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final documents check before biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neesh

Completing online application (form AN) & documents

Post by neesh » Sat May 22, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, I was unable to find anything on these when I searched the forum earlier.

I am in the process of applying online for my partner's citizenship application using the AN form - which I assume is the correct form for Tier-1 Dependent?

Having now completed the applicant's details I am at the application submission stage & I was hoping someone could help me with the following queries please.

1. In recommended list of documents it asks for documents to prove my partner has been in the UK for 5 years - but it says bank statements and household bills are not accepted. What other proofs could I use?
I was planning to submit
a) a scanned copy of the passport with all pages,
b) council tax bills for the last 5 years
c) letters from electoral register covering a 5 year period
d) employment offer letters

Are these enough? I have tenancy agreements as well, but not sure if they are accepted.

2. Secondly for the two referees and their declaration, is there a form that I need to complete and submit? How does it all work with regards to the declarations? Do I submit the form online, and then download a template, complete it, send it to the referees for signature and then upload it?

3. Also is there a recommended way to upload documents after the application has been submitted? I am ready with all the scans to upload them immediately after the application is succesfully sent but could I come back and upload documents later if I happen to miss any?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Completing online application (form AN) & documents

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 22, 2021 1:46 pm

There is only one form for adults i.e. Form AN.

1) If your partner is non-EEA national, only passport stamps for the qualifying period are needed to prove residence.

2) Input referee details in the online form before submission. Get the referees to sign the declaration. Scan and upload.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

3) See the link below:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html

neesh

Post by neesh » Sat May 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Yes, my partner is a non-EEA national, so presumably all I need is the scanned copy of the passport with all the pages and that should be it?

Also, yes, I have added the referee details in the form already. So I will need to attach the photograph, scan and send to the referee for them to sign and send it back. At which point I will then have to upload this.

Could I do this after I have submitted the online form? Is there a time limit within which I have to upload documents after submitting the online form? I did read your other post which says I can potentially upload documents 48 hours prior to the appointment but I can only do that (upload documents) once. Have I got that right?

Apologies if this seems pedantic, just trying to get this right in my head.

thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 22, 2021 6:18 pm

neesh wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:59 pm
Thanks a lot for your quick response. Yes, my partner is a non-EEA national, so presumably all I need is the scanned copy of the passport with all the pages and that should be it?
Correct covering the qualifying period

Also, yes, I have added the referee details in the form already. So I will need to attach the photograph, scan and send to the referee for them to sign and send it back. At which point I will then have to upload this.
Correct

Could I do this after I have submitted the online form?
Yes
Is there a time limit within which I have to upload documents after submitting the online form? I did read your other post which says I can potentially upload documents 48 hours prior to the appointment but I can only do that (upload documents) once. Have I got that right?
You can upload documents ANYTIME before your biometrics appointment (you have 45 working days to book an appointment after submission). But if you wish to SELF-submit you must upload documents 48hrs before the appointment as self-submission feature will be disabled at that point. Otherwise UKVCAS will submit for you. Read the link I stated above for more clarity. Read and do not confuse “submit”, “self-submit” and “upload.”

Apologies if this seems pedantic, just trying to get this right in my head.

thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

neesh

Final documents check before biometrics appointment

Post by neesh » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well.

I submitted the naturalisation application online a couple of weeks ago and now about to self-submit documents prior to my appointment in 8 days.

Here is a list of documents which I was hoping to get some feedback to just confirm if I am missing any specific document.

1. Applicant's passport (non-EEA) - scan of all pages
2. Applicant's ILR BRP
3. Partners passport (British)
4. Marriage certificate
5. UK degree certificate
6. Life in the UK pass letter
7. Referee letter #1 scanned copy
8. Referee letter #2 scanned copy

Do they seem enough? It doesnt look like I have missed anything but would be great for someone to sanity check :)

With regards to proof of been in the UK for 5 years, looking at previous posts, the full scan of passport seems to be enough. But I do have letters from GP & hospital (where the I have had to undergo a few surgeries) which I can submit. Additionally I can also submit letters from electoral services. But 1) are they acceptable and 2) are surplus to the requirements and not required?

Lastly, at the time of attending the appointment, would I need to carry the hard copies of these documents if I have already submitted them online?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Final documents check before biometrics appointment

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Submit only what is asked for, not what you think is relevant. Lettets from GP, employer or hospital etc is NOT required. You only need stamped passports pages as the requirements clearly state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neesh

Post by neesh » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:08 pm

Ok. Thanks very much for your reply.

If I could also draw you attention to this part please

"Lastly, at the time of attending the appointment, would I need to carry the hard copies of these documents if I have already submitted them online?"

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:30 pm

Yes, in case something needs to be rescanned at the appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neesh

Post by neesh » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 pm

Ok. Thanks a lot. Much appreciate your help.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:53 pm
Submit only what is asked for, not what you think is relevant. Lettets from GP, employer or hospital etc is NOT required. You only need stamped passports pages as the requirements clearly state.
what is some of the pages are not stamped as the applicant was travelling under a registered traveller membership and able to use entry gates by touching passport. what then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Simply list all the travel dates in the form as requested. UKVI have access to the travel data from the advance passenger information provided by airlines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:53 pm
Simply list all the travel dates in the form as requested. UKVI have access to the travel data from the advance passenger information provided by airlines.
great! thank you mate

AMehak
Newly Registered

Post by AMehak » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:30 pm
Yes, in case something needs to be rescanned at the appointment.
Hi
, just want to get clear idea about this self submission.
So if a person upload all documents and forget to submit before 48 hours of biometric appointment to UKVCAS then on appointment day will they submit or we have submit button or option available to submit. ?
And if we can’t submit and they submit for u on appointment day will there be any charges for this?
Will appreciate ur quick response

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Can someone clarify something for me?

If my parents, who are applying for naturalisation with a EU status but are non-EEA citizens. Do they need to prove they have been here with tax bills, etc (as needed for EU citizens) or just provide their passports as non-EEA citizens?

I’m confused if they have to follow the application as a EEA citizen would had they have been here under EEA law.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Non-EU Family members of EU citizens apply the same way as EU citizens. P60s or Council Tax Bills or other official documents will be required.
Applicants holding UK ILR only need to provide passports as they get stamps on entry/exit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:22 pm
Non-EU Family members of EU citizens apply the same way as EU citizens. P60s or Council Tax Bills or other official documents will be required.
Applicants holding UK ILR only need to provide passports as they get stamps on entry/exit.
Thanks for answering. What if they don’t have council tax bills or P60s? Could a letter from the landlord be enough?
There is a period of about 2 years where they don’t have any documentation apart from being on house bills

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Anything official is preferable (for example HMRC/DWP/NHS/Local Council) - if not enough official documents to hand then you'll probably have to go with landlord letters.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:54 pm
Anything official is preferable (for example HMRC/DWP/NHS/Local Council) - if not enough official documents to hand then you'll probably have to go with landlord letters.
Thank you for your answer.
NHS would be a accepted? They have plenty of those.
So. How do you do this? A letter per every month of a year?
They used to live in our house but as dependants, they weren’t on any council tax, just one bill (for proof of address). It’s a shame we didn’t add them onto the council tax bill. So stupid.

Otherwise, our landlord would probably be able to write a letter confirming.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:23 am

I am assuming here as there is no guidance for every possible personal scenario.
Where a letter refers to an annual period that would be ideal, otherwise a letter for every six months.
Others have suggested to submit as many documents as possible. It's personal choice in the end.
Also UKVI does contact applicants if they have further queries or require further documents.
Recommend you write a cover note explaining the situation with documents.

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:36 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:23 am
I am assuming here as there is no guidance for every possible personal scenario.
Where a letter refers to an annual period that would be ideal, otherwise a letter for every six months.
Others have suggested to submit as many documents as possible. It's personal choice in the end.
Also UKVI does contact applicants if they have further queries or require further documents.
Recommend you write a cover note explaining the situation with documents.
Thank you for answering. I haven't been able to find concrete answers for this. It has been quite difficult. I have been trying to contact Citizen's Advice but haven't been successful. It makes sense that any further documents would be requested by them if needed.

I think it's best to provide a letter from the landlord and keep it simple. The rest of the documents are council tax bills.