ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Accountant Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CatchingStars3214
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Accountant Question

Post by CatchingStars3214 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Our accountant is CIMA certified, but it looks like accountants need to be RSB certified. We need our accounts turned around relatively quickly, within 3 weeks of the end of our year, so we can send to HMRC. Will CIMA satisfy? If not, can we have an RSB accountant give a certificate saying the accounting our accountant did was correct? I've seen someone do this before on this board, but I want to make sure that is acceptable.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Accountant Question

Post by TODMATT » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:40 pm

“h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants, The Association of Authorised Public Accountants, The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Association of International Accountants and The Association of Accounting Technicians;”

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.