ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for non eea parents.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helpneeded2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

EEA family permit for non eea parents.

Post by helpneeded2018 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 am

Dear members,
I really need your help regarding the eea family permit for my parents. My wife is an eea citizen with settled status. I recently got naturalised but my wife is still on settled status. My question is can my present come to visit us as eea family member and if possible then what will be the process that they can apply? And what documents will they need for their application? Do they need to apply for themselves or we can apply on their behalf? Any information will highly be appreciated. Thank you!
Kind regards

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Re: EEA family permit for non eea parents.

Post by avro1959 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:51 am

They have the option of a standard visitor visa which costs money but could be easy to get if they’ve had it in the past.

Or they could apply for an EUSS family permit on the basis of their relationship to an individual with settled/pre-settled status (you or your spouse). The permit is free, however you would have to submit your birth certificate, marriage certificate, and proof that your parents are dependent on you.

Note that EEA family permits do not exist after June 30, 2021, but EUSS family permits are available.

helpneeded2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by helpneeded2018 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Thank you for your information. Which option is better for them? Standard Visitor visa or euss family permit? I often send money to my parents specifically to my father as he is the head of the family. Does it mean they are dependent on me? What documents can I provide to show that they are dependent on me? Or do they need to be dependent on my wife who now has settled status? I can submit our marriage certificate plus proof of money that I sent to my father account. Will that be enough? It will be their first visa application to come to uk. So please if you can tell me particularly what documents will they need if they apply for euss family permit?
I can imagine the following documents:
1. My wife passport/id (eu citizen)
2. Our marriage certificate
3. Her settled status letter ( email from home office)
4. Documents of money transfer of mine
5. My parents passport

These are some documents i can think at the moment. Can you please tell me if there will be more documents needed. It will be very kind of you if can give me some details on how to proceed with their application. Thank you again.

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:12 pm

On the gov UK website, here's what it says for acceptable documents to show dependency.
You’ll need to provide the following evidence, as appropriate, to show your dependency:
  • evidence of your financial dependency, such as bank statements or money transfers
    evidence of you needing and receiving the personal care of the EEA or Swiss citizen or person of Northern Ireland (or their spouse or civil partner) on serious health grounds, for example a letter from a hospital consultant
In addition to a marriage certificate, you also need to prove your relationship to your parents. The best document for that is your birth certificate.