ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NO TIME LIMIT residence permit UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nabinkl
Newly Registered

NO TIME LIMIT residence permit UK

Post by nabinkl » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:31 pm

Good afternoon friends

I have a question regarding ( No time limit UK visa ).

My Aunt used to have INDEFINATE LEAVE TO ENTER ( ILE ) visa initially which she changed into NO TIME LIMIT visa after coming to UK. Now she has got biometric residence permit with No time limit visa on it. My aunt left UK on 15 july 2019. she could not come back to UK before 15 july 2021. she is still back home and now planning to come back to UK. Now technically she is out of UK for more than 2 years.

What happens in this situation?
Her visa, will it be lapsed?
will she be able to come back to UK?
if she can come back then under what circumstances?
if she cant then what are the solutions?
Could you please explain it to me fully. Thank you.

(Note: My aunt where she is at the moment (back home ) was in red list countries before and still in red list.)

zimba
Mood:

Re: NO TIME LIMIT residence permit UK

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Her ILR has lapsed now. So she cannot come back as she can be refused entry. She must apply for the returning resident visa and prove that she has strong ties to the UK in order for her ILR to be reinstated.

https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nabinkl
Newly Registered

Re: NO TIME LIMIT residence permit UK

Post by nabinkl » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:56 pm

Thank you