ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UK Visa Required on Danish Residence Permit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Perdesi007

Is UK Visa Required on Danish Residence Permit?

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi All,

One of my friends (a Danish residence permit holder with Pakistani passport) is seeking entrance in the UK.

Does she need UK visa to enter here or she can come with visa as she's got a valid Danish Residence Permit?

One more thing to mention here, her husband is a UK national and will be travelling with her.

Thanking you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is UK Visa Required on Danish Residence Permit?

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:00 pm

She needs a UK Visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Thanks for your quick response.

Is it e-visa she'd need to apply? If yes, any weblink please?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Perdesi007 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:20 pm
To the best of my knowledge, the UK does not have an e-visa option.

Non-visa-nationals (such as EEA and US citizens) can get a visit visa on arrival, while visa-nationals must apply for and be issued with a visit visa by the British diplomatic authorities in the country of their habitual residence before their departure. Also see the Check if you need a visa page on the Gov.UK website.

As your friend is a Danish residence permit holder, she can apply from Denmark.

As your friend's spouse is a British citizen, your friend can also apply for an EUSS family permit, which is free, but for which the proof required will be different.

For either option (visit visa or EUSS Family Permit), the consideration period will be weeks or months. So, they should factor that into their plans to visit the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:04 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm
Perdesi007 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:20 pm
To the best of my knowledge, the UK does not have an e-visa option.

Non-visa-nationals (such as EEA and US citizens) can get a visit visa on arrival, while visa-nationals must apply for and be issued with a visit visa by the British diplomatic authorities in the country of their habitual residence before their departure. Also see the Check if you need a visa page on the Gov.UK website.

As your friend is a Danish residence permit holder, she can apply from Denmark.

As your friend's spouse is a British citizen, your friend can also apply for an EUSS family permit, which is free, but for which the proof required will be different.

For either option (visit visa or EUSS Family Permit), the consideration period will be weeks or months. So, they should factor that into their plans to visit the UK.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, really appreciate it. Stay blessed.

Thanks to you too @Cr001.