ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching visa types with same employer same role

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

canstralian
Newly Registered
Australia

Switching visa types with same employer same role

Post by canstralian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT visa, but am wondering what the likelihood is to switch to the Skilled Worker visa but with the same job and employer.

The rules say that it is possible to switch to the Skilled Worker visa, but it appears it requires a job offer. This could be with the same employer, but does not seem to contemplate existing jobs. I find it illogical that the only way to switch is to change jobs when there is a role that is still being required to be filled by me.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation? Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

code_blue
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching visa types with same employer same role

Post by code_blue » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:20 am

Yes you can switch into Skilled Worker with your existing employer. One of my colleagues is currently in the process. He is already reaching 5 year limit on Tier 2 ICT and company is moving him to Tier 2 Skilled worker.