ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Further Leave to Remain Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

taffy415
Newly Registered

Applying for Further Leave to Remain Spouse visa

Post by taffy415 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi guys. Sorry in advance if this is a silly question.

My wife's BRP card shows as expiring August 2021. Can I only apply for FLR in the last 28 or 30 days before expiry and no earlier?

Also what documents do I need to submit and is it all online now? My belief is 6 months wage slips, 6 months bank statements again, 6 letters as proof of address, passport sized photos 2 of each and the old BRP card along with her passport?

If I can only submit documents within last 30/28 days then that means I will need to wait right up until application time to get the final months wage slip and bank statement to cover being latest docs possible.

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Many thanks all!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Further Leave to Remain Spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm

taffy415 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:08 pm

My wife's BRP card shows as expiring August 2021. Can I only apply for FLR in the last 28 or 30 days before expiry and no earlier? You can apply 28 days before completing 30 months or 28 days before your visa is due to expire.

Also what documents do I need to submit and is it all online now? My belief is 6 months wage slips, 6 months bank statements again, 6 letters as proof of address, passport sized photos 2 of each and the old BRP card along with her passport? 6 joints letter addressed to both you and your sponsor or letters address to either of you individually covering the periods of 2 years and it must be from 3 different sources. You need 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements & letter from your employer. Passport photos not required

If I can only submit documents within last 30/28 days then that means I will need to wait right up until application time to get the final months wage slip and bank statement to cover being latest docs possible. Your most recent payslips, bank statements and employment letter must not be older than 28 days old before submitting your application.

Many thanks all!
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

taffy415
Newly Registered

Post by taffy415 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:22 pm

Oh thanks so much! Sorry been checking for a reply regularly and thought there was none until I want into messages. I think I forgot to mention the English test too which I know is mandatory as well.

Once again many thanks really appreciate everything :)

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm

We have just filed (I sponsor my wife).

It is all online but follows the same old pattern of online application then sending in supporting documents - the only real difference being these now can be uploaded directly.

The documents still all need to be not dated 28 days later than when you pay for the application and you need to take the originals (even though you upload scanned or photoed copies) to the biometrics appointment (which has to be made after you pay but you get 2 months to arrange this)

You can either upload the docs in one go or over the days or weeks to the biometrics appointment so long as they have them all within 48 hours of the appointment date.

You don't have to do this and you can ask all documents to be scanned by the visa/bio office when you attend - this costs £51.

In this way, it is much easier than before with the worry of sending all original documents to another office.

As to the online application, it is at times hard to understand and cryptic but we are all used to that and either coming here or thinking very deeply will get you through. It is better than how it used to be though.

The basic deal is to fill in the online form, pay NHS fee, pay application....register with UKVisa....book biometrics appointment (this will also cost extra if you cannot find the occasional free time) ....upload docs....go to bio WITH ORIGINALS YOU UPLOADED.....go home......wait.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:26 pm

taffy415 wrote:

My wife's BRP card shows as expiring August 2021. Can I only apply for FLR in the last 28 or 30 days before expiry and no earlier?

Also what documents do I need to submit and is it all online now? My belief is 6 months wage slips, 6 months bank statements again, 6 letters as proof of address, passport sized photos 2 of each and the old BRP card along with her passport?

If I can only submit documents within last 30/28 days then that means I will need to wait right up until application time to get the final months wage slip and bank statement to cover being latest docs possible.

Many thanks all!
Hi,

My wife visa is also due to expire in Aug 2021. Are you going for A2 or B1 English test?
Can we apply with B1 so in that case, the same test will be applicable for ILR?

Please advise..Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:37 am

Babajee85 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:26 pm
taffy415 wrote:

Many thanks all!
Hi,

My wife visa is also due to expire in Aug 2021. Are you going for A2 or B1 English test?

Please advise..Thanks
The options are open to you for A2 or B1. From your post its clear you know the advantage of doing the B1 English test so decision lies with you.

taffy415
Newly Registered

Post by taffy415 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:33 am

We passed A2 test which is the minimal requirement after 2.5 year to extend FLR and my understanding is the B1 is needed after 5 year for residency along with Life In The UK (which most existing residents won't have a clue to half the answers either and is essentially an exercise in memorisation) at the end as it is harder but if you pass B1 it can be submitted also and is better if you are confident to pass it for when it comes to the 5 year end. Hope someone clarifies if I am wrong.

You would think the amount of money they charge in fees throughout the process they would have the resources or decency to provide clear instructions on what they want and give reasonable time to do so (I find it frustrating being able to provide the latest docs as they can only be provided in the final month meaning you can't even start until then) instead of people having to sieve through forums just to keep up with their latest rules not even knowing where to send stuff, it's appalling at least afford people some basic respect at especially when it's deemed so intricate there are so many solicitors out there charging extortionate fees on top of all this just to do tasks like this which are not hard but just not laid out clearly anywhere

taffy415
Newly Registered

Post by taffy415 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:18 am

Edwardo wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:17 pm
We have just filed (I sponsor my wife).

It is all online but follows the same old pattern of online application then sending in supporting documents - the only real difference being these now can be uploaded directly.

The documents still all need to be not dated 28 days later than when you pay for the application and you need to take the originals (even though you upload scanned or photoed copies) to the biometrics appointment (which has to be made after you pay but you get 2 months to arrange this)

You can either upload the docs in one go or over the days or weeks to the biometrics appointment so long as they have them all within 48 hours of the appointment date.

You don't have to do this and you can ask all documents to be scanned by the visa/bio office when you attend - this costs £51.

In this way, it is much easier than before with the worry of sending all original documents to another office.

As to the online application, it is at times hard to understand and cryptic but we are all used to that and either coming here or thinking very deeply will get you through. It is better than how it used to be though.

The basic deal is to fill in the online form, pay NHS fee, pay application....register with UKVisa....book biometrics appointment (this will also cost extra if you cannot find the occasional free time) ....upload docs....go to bio WITH ORIGINALS YOU UPLOADED.....go home......wait.
Excellent post. Hope it passes asap. Thank you!

taffy415
Newly Registered

Post by taffy415 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:26 pm
taffy415 wrote:

Many thanks all!
Hi,

Please advise..Thanks
You PM'd asking to stay in touch to help each other. I then responded and that yours was due before mine yet I gave you all the advice I knew about the English Tests and the questions you asked as did others here.

When it came to asking you for updates you haven't replied at all. Really rude asking for help without giving any back bet you only post when you need something.

Ozmo
Newly Registered

Post by Ozmo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm
taffy415 wrote:

My wife's BRP card shows as expiring August 2021. Can I only apply for FLR in the last 28 or 30 days before expiry and no earlier? You can apply 28 days before completing 30 months or 28 days before your visa is due to expire.

Also what documents do I need to submit and is it all online now? My belief is 6 months wage slips, 6 months bank statements again, 6 letters as proof of address, passport sized photos 2 of each and the old BRP card along with her passport? 6 joints letter addressed to both you and your sponsor or letters address to either of you individually covering the periods of 2 years and it must be from 3 different sources. You need 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements & letter from your employer. Passport photos not required

If I can only submit documents within last 30/28 days then that means I will need to wait right up until application time to get the final months wage slip and bank statement to cover being latest docs possible. Your most recent payslips, bank statements and employment letter must not be older than 28 days old before submitting your application.

Many thanks all!
Hi, are you sure the employer letter needs to be no older than 28 days? I have seen that requirement for the bank statements and payslips, but not the letter. Am hoping it’s not too important as I just submitted my wife’s application and the letter is older than that. I got most documents ready in advance, then just waited for my latest pay/bank statements before submitting.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Ozmo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:16 pm
taffy415 wrote:

Many thanks all!
Hi, are you sure the employer letter needs to be no older than 28 days? I have seen that requirement for the bank statements and payslips, but not the letter. Am hoping it’s not too important as I just submitted my wife’s application and the letter is older than that. I got most documents ready in advance, then just waited for my latest pay/bank statements before submitting.
Always read the guidance yourself to be on a safer side.

Appendix FM-SE

“ l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.”

This appendix meaning appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide a specified evidence which in this case your employment letter is a specified evidence under appendix FM-SE. It is a mandatory document and I have seen people refused on this basis but it’s either caseworker ignore it or raise concerns about it.

Ozmo
Newly Registered

Post by Ozmo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:33 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:43 pm
Ozmo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:26 pm

Appendix FM-SE

“ l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.”

This appendix meaning appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide a specified evidence which in this case your employment letter is a specified evidence under appendix FM-SE. It is a mandatory document and I have seen people refused on this basis but it’s either caseworker ignore it or raise concerns about it.
I read it as most recent part of my employment evidence (e.g. the most recent payslip and corresponding bank statement) needs to be less than 28 days. Looking back I might as well have requested another letter as the process was pretty simple, didn’t really consider it though. Think my letter is dated 32 days before the date of application.. so it’s fingers crossed time! Will let people know how it has gone when we hear back.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:32 am

Caseworker could over looked it but I have also seen a situation where it was refused on this basis. You should that paragraph above again because it’s very clear! Employment letter is also a financial evidence under appendix FM-SE which makes it mandatory.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:16 am

TODMATT wrote:

Appendix FM-SE

Clearly not all specified evidence under the appendix are required to comply with the 28-day rule.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:16 am
TODMATT wrote:

Appendix FM-SE

Clearly not all specified evidence under the appendix are required to comply with the 28-day rule.
Employment letter is a specified evidence which must be within 28 days rule.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:24 pm
You've quoted previously what the Rules states so the above has to be your interpretation.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:59 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm
TODMATT wrote:
You've quoted previously what the Rules states so the above has to be your interpretation.
Lol!! Do you think I am giving legal advice here!! Read the info below about an opinion and also read your own tag to your post.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:01 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 pm
TODMATT wrote:
I have seen someone refused on this basis so the above is my view which I will never risk such thing!

Ozmo
Newly Registered

Post by Ozmo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 pm

I think it would be extremely contentious if that was the sole basis for a refusal. I've had a good read of the guidance and it clearly states that any specified evidence "relating to a period which ends with the date of application" must be within 28 days. For the bank statements section 2.(a)(i) mentions a time period prior to the date of application, then for the pay slips section 2.(c) mentions the same period. Section 2.(b) doesn't mention this period for the letter. The letter I have provided fits all the requirements listed.

Looking back I'd agree I might as well have got it issued within 28 days, though I'm sure this shouldn't be a sole basis for refusal of a visa. Here's hoping the case handler agrees.