ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for Spouse and Children who came after me

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

digbar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application for Spouse and Children who came after me

Post by digbar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 am

Hi folks,

I have a bit of an odd situation which I hope someone can help me with.

I am a non EU national who has a work visa and a couple of months to complete the reckonable 5 years required to apply for Citizenship in Ireland.
My wife and children (daughter and step-daughter on their teens) are also non-EU but they joined after a couple of years, i.e., they will already be living in Ireland for around 3 years and 10 months by the time of my application.

When they arrived, my wife had the Stamp 3 visa and now holds the 1G which counts for reckonable time.

My questions are:
  • Would my stepdaughter be entitled for citizenship by me? As far as I read on INIS I don't think so. She would only be able to apply from my wife's, therefore she would need to do it first.
  • Can I apply for my daughter together with me in one process? Or again, me first then apply for here once approved.
  • For my wife's process, it seems a bit trickier. It would be better for her to wait her 5 years reckonable time with Stamps 3/1G/4 and apply on her own. She could apply as an Irish spouse once I get mine but it will take one year longer. If once I am naturalised, the 3 years time she is already living in Ireland is counted, then that would be the best case scenario, but I don't think it works that way.
Really appreciate the help.