ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost ILR BRP-Repalcement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaz007

Lost ILR BRP-Repalcement

Post by shaz007 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:11 pm

HI ALL,

I am in a stress at the moment , I recently got my ILR approved in the month of MArch and than recently I just lost my wallet and lost my ILR BRP, I have seen replacement ILR BRP takes 6 months that's insane and I am not sure I am looking at the right area or if you guys know can help me point me to the right direction, I have paid £75 Replacement fee but it is showing that i need to book appointment and go through the whole process of ILR?

Please can seniors help me in this matter, I need to travel for work and stuck

MAny thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Lost ILR BRP-Repalcement

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:40 pm

shaz007 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:11 pm
HI ALL,

I am in a stress at the moment , I recently got my ILR approved in the month of MArch and than recently I just lost my wallet and lost my ILR BRP, I have seen replacement ILR BRP takes 6 months that's insane and I am not sure I am looking at the right area or if you guys know can help me point me to the right direction, I have paid £75 Replacement fee but it is showing that i need to book appointment and go through the whole process of ILR?

Please can seniors help me in this matter, I need to travel for work and stuck

MAny thanks
First of all, you must report your BRP as lost. A BRP replacement application is NOT an immigration application and you will NOT be going through the whole ILR process. However, you must enrol your Biometrics again, hence the appointment. The process will take between 4 - 6 months.

If you need to travel you may choose to leave and apply for a 'BRP replacement visa' from outside the UK. This also may take weeks so you need to plan accordingly.
You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’, which lets you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged

Maybe next time, do NOT carry an important document like a BRP in your wallet :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shaz007

Post by shaz007 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:09 pm

It is asking to enrolled for Appointment and will take 6 months thats in sane , it is just like a new application I am going through after I have got my ILR approved !

I agree I will not but in my wallet going forward because of this insane process for replacement

I have reported this lost and stolen and have the crime number as well

jensen90
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jensen90 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:03 am

Hi, I was wondering if you have received any news on your replacement card or if you decided to travel without it? I'm in a similar situation where my card was stolen and I've been waiting around 9 weeks for a replacement. I've postponed flights home already but haven't seen my family in almost 2 years so very desprate to get back.

ashali
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by ashali » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 am

Hi there,
We are in a similar situation, and just wondering if you have heard anything back from HM yet? Our waiting period for a replacement BRP due to a name change . It has already taken 5 months now since the biometric recording. We didn't know better then, now we have to cancel holidays, work trips, school trips... and I am not optimistic about the upcoming Christmas holiday either.

ashali
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by ashali » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 am

Hi there,
We are in a similar situation, and just wondering if you have heard anything back from HM yet? Our waiting period for a replacement BRP due to a name change . It has already taken 5 months now since the biometric recording. We didn't know better then, now we have to cancel holidays, work trips, school trips... and I am not optimistic about the upcoming Christmas holiday either.