ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amkay

Change of Employer Application

Post by amkay » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:13 am

Hello,

I have a Tier-2(General) visa and I want to change my employer and apply for Skilled Worker visa. My current Tier-2 visa will expire in 2023. Should I ask my current employer/sponsor to cancel or curtail my current visa/sponsorship before I apply for skilled worker visa?
Also, should I necessarily apply for my dependent visa at the same time?

Thank you very much for your time :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Employer Application

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:16 am

Should I ask my current employer/sponsor to cancel or curtail my current visa/sponsorship before I apply for skilled worker visa?
No. It is cancelled automatically if a new skilled worker visa is granted.

Also note that only UKVI can cancel or curtail your visa. Your employer does not have the power or authority to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amkay

Re: Change of Employer Application

Post by amkay » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:16 am
Should I ask my current employer/sponsor to cancel or curtail my current visa/sponsorship before I apply for skilled worker visa?
No. It is cancelled automatically if a new skilled worker visa is granted.

Also note that only UKVI can cancel or curtail your visa. Your employer does not have the power or authority to do this.
Many thanks for your quick response. Also, is it okay if I continue working for my current employer with the same contract for 1-2 weeks after joining my new sponsor if I don't work more than 20hours per week and if my new job has the same SoC code? For example I work 1-2 days in week and spend rest of the days on annual leave.