ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Tax

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rehman441
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa and Tax

Post by Rehman441 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Hello everyone

this is my first time using immigration boards,

My name is Javid, I want to bring my wife to UK, I am British Citizen

I have 4 kids, 3 have British passport except 1, as my other kid was born before my British citizenship

I have couple questions

1. How much tax do I have to show to government to bring my all kids?
2. What will happen to my 1 daughter who doesn't have passport? she is 13 years old, My case was rejected, when I apply for my daughter passport. I am confuse I don't know what to do, please help me. Thanks Javed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa and Tax

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:29 pm

1. How much tax do I have to show to government to bring my all kids?
There is no 'tax' you have to show. You will have to prove you earn a minimum of £22,400 per annum to sponsor your spouse and 1 child.
2. What will happen to my 1 daughter who doesn't have passport? she is 13 years old, My case was rejected, when I apply for my daughter passport. I am confuse I don't know what to do, please help me.

She applies for the same visa as your wife and will need 5 years in the UK before she can apply for ILR with your wife and then British citizenship once she has ILR. She will need her home country passport to apply for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Rehman441 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:20 pm
My case was rejected, when I apply for my daughter passport.
Why did you even apply for your daughter's (British) passport directly? Just because one parent (or even both parents) naturalises, it does not change the immigration status of the child.

Children born abroad before you became a British citizen will follow the same immigration pathway as the second parent and will need to apply with them for ILR.

In this case, as the child is already 13, she will likely be 18 by the time she gets ILR and therefore will have to naturalise as a British citizen in her own right, meeting all the requirements, such as absence, physical presence, English language, LITUK, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Rehman441
Newly Registered

Post by Rehman441 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Thank you guys for your answers.

To be clear, I will have to apply for my daughter visa same time when I am applying for my wife visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Rehman441 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 pm
Thank you guys for your answers.

To be clear, I will have to apply for my daughter visa same time when I am applying for my wife visa?
Ideally yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.