ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP not arrived. Right to Work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

BRP not arrived. Right to Work

Post by aravind864 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on the below situation

My wife and kids applied for Dependent visa and got the decision email saying the Successful.

BRP is arrived for kids. But for my wife BRP is not arrived.

My wife applied for job long back and now she got the interview call. But before interview they asked BRP to prove the Right to Work.

When we provided the email decision we received they rejected the application and they are not processing interview further and rejected saying not valid right to work available. The employer will accept only the Official Letter received from Home office.

We raised this concern to Home office by calling. But they said the email is sufficient to check the right to work.

Please help us how long the BRP will take to come ?

We also reported that BRP is not arrived to Home office, but we haven’t received any response as they said it will take 45 workings days.

My wife can’t start working until she get the BRP is more worrying thing to us.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: BRP not arrived. Right to Work

Post by manci » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Your wife's prospective employer can use the Employer Checking Service to check if she can be legally employed by them:
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

One of the acceptable reasons for using this service is when the job applicant is unable to produce a valid BRP due to non-delivery or collection.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 am

Thanks manci for your reply. But the employer said, They accept only official document from Home office to continue the application and rejected it.

I got email from BRP delivery home office for the enquiry with below as response
———————-
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of this Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
We have passed your enquiry onto your caseworker, as the Delivery team is unable to assist you further.
———————

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:31 am

aravind864 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 am
the employer said, They accept only official document from Home office to continue the application and rejected it.
If the employer uses the online Employer Checking Service (see my previous post) they will get an official document from the HO confirming your wife's right to work for 6 months during which period her BRP is bound to turn up.

May be the employer doesn't want to go to the trouble of using this process because they are not that keen to employ your wife?

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:43 am

Yes you are correct this is what I think as well. They just want to reject and don’t want to take any risk.

Also when I try to check immigration status using below link it doesn’t show up the status or share code

https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

We called the HO team and they said you don’t have valid BRP, so no immigration status online.

Which means no body can check the right to work or immigration status online without share code. We can’t view the share code without BRP.

This seems to be some problem for printing BRP for adults. Because my kids got BRP where they all applied together☹️

It’s not good for us, paying so much money for visa and not getting it on time.

You can’t travel, you can’t work, you can’t do anything other than staying in home.

I hope to get BRP atleast before it’s expiry date 😜

Thank you very much for your response. Really appreciate

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:09 pm

aravind864 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:43 am
Which means no body can check the right to work or immigration status online without share code. We can’t view the share code without BRP.
No, this is not correct. The Employer Checking Service is a separate system with direct access to HO records. Also, if the employer gets a positive response it is valid for 6 months, i.e. there is no risk for the employer during this period. Your wife's BRP should turn up in the meantime but if not the employer can always do another online check which should have the same result, confirming her right to work.

Note that in order to use Employer Checking Service the employer would need your wife's permission because they have to input her personal details. The permission can be given verbally or in writing.

patriciap3
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by patriciap3 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Hey, did you get any reply from the caseworker?

I'm in the exactly same situation, BRP is late and I got the same reply from the Home Office today! I really need this BRP to arrive soon :(

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:21 pm

manci wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:09 pm
aravind864 wrote:
No, this is not correct. The Employer Checking Service is a separate system with direct access to HO records. Also, if the employer gets a positive response it is valid for 6 months, i.e. there is no risk for the employer during this period. Your wife's BRP should turn up in the meantime but if not the employer can always do another online check which should have the same result, confirming her right to work.

Note that in order to use Employer Checking Service the employer would need your wife's permission because they have to input her personal details. The permission can be given verbally or in writing.

Thanks for responses. Unfortunately the same reply they rejected my wife application. She can’t proceed with interview.
It’s very sad after getting decision. We still waiting for BRP. Where we can’t even plan our kids to meet the family overseas ☹️

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:25 pm

patriciap3 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:26 pm
Hey, did you get any reply from the caseworker?

I'm in the exactly same situation, BRP is late and I got the same reply from the Home Office today! I really need this BRP to arrive soon :(
Hi, nope we haven’t received the BRP yet ☹️, one of my friend applied with Priority before us. They still waiting for BRP.

This is very bad situation for the immigrants.

Nivasan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nivasan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi Aravind,

I am on same situation now. Did you get your wife's BRP delivered?

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Nope we are still waiting for BRP

JimmyR

Post by JimmyR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:48 am

aravind864 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:21 pm
manci wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:09 pm
aravind864 wrote:

Thanks for responses. Unfortunately the same reply they rejected my wife application. She can’t proceed with interview.
It’s very sad after getting decision. We still waiting for BRP. Where we can’t even plan our kids to meet the family overseas ☹️
I’m sorry to hear story.
Some recruitment staff are so lazy and mean. A few months ago, I applied for a job and at the same I was applying for a visa extension. Luckily, on my interview day, I still had my passport and BRP(expired).

When interview was successful and the recruitment team requested my right to work documents. I informed about my HO application. They said they have to wait for my BRP before proceeding with my application. I knew this is not going to be true, because after a weeks they would have deleted my application.

I told her it wasn’t right; I have the UAN and she can do ECS. Then she agreed to do the ECS and later she confirmed it was done and waiting for HO response.

But, I kept calling them for an update. They said they were still waiting for HO response until one day, I phoned them and one staff after checking on the system he informed the ECS wasn’t done yet. I was furious, but he did it straight away and got response from the HO, right to work for 6 weeks.

If recruitment team knew my situation before the interview. What do you think they would have said?!

Some of the recruitment staff are so liar. And now, some are working from home it makes even worse!!

aravind864
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aravind864 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Finally wait is over. After we escalated to our MP.
MP sent email to Home office about status. We received BRP in week time. It’s printed after MP sent email. Issue date were 1 day later MP email to home office.

Thanks everyone for the support

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:53 am

aravind864 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:22 pm
Finally wait is over. After we escalated to our MP.
MP sent email to Home office about status. We received BRP in week time. It’s printed after MP sent email. Issue date were 1 day later MP email to home office.

Thanks everyone for the support
Congratulations, proving that involving MP does work, we hope more of it.