ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled status to settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Pre settled status- parents in laws- Divorce

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:01 am

Dear members,
I need some help I’m going through real problems in my life,

I’m a British citizen, my wife and child U.K./Eu citizens,

My parents are non Eu and here on EUSS with pre settled status, lives separate to us .

I happened to find out my wife is contact with her Ex, I happened to hear the conversation and I can’t say all the words.

Basically she wants to be back with him what I understand, she is not ok with me anymore.

She doesn’t say she wants divorce but I can’t take all that what she is doing every day .

We have been married from over 9 years and have a child together .

My parents always read my face, even though I don’t tell them anything, they feel my pain without saying anything, they are ready to do anything to see me happy .

In the past she threatened to take our son away from me that’s why I’m so nervous what to do.

I want to see everyone ok, if getting separate is the best option to do that so at least I would be able to see my son.
My question is if we get separate/divorce , would my parents have any option ?(derivative right)

I really need help I’m getting headaches and anxiety due to my Mrs acts as she is not caring about family and keep talking to her ex .

I would appreciate your answers .

Kind Regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: Pre settled status- parents in laws- Divorce

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:25 am

You parents will be able to retain their right of Residence in the event of your divorce, should you wish to follow that path.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 am

Thank you very much for your response, I also forgot to mention that my parents are here from May 2020. And hold pre settled status

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:50 am

You did mentioned the presettled status bit.

I don't believe that will make a difference to my assessment to the case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:57 am

Thanks again, I was thinking if the requirements are for being married for three years and be in the U.K. for one year is for spouse and probably apply to family members too.

Just one more question, in the event of divorce do my parents have to apply for retained right of residence now or after completing 5 years to apply for settled status by providing divorce documents etc ?

I really appreciate your kind help , thank you so much.

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Dear members, I’m going through anxiety and stress, Any help will be very much appreciated

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Dear members,

Can any one please help me, in the event of relationship breakdown, do my parents have to apply for retained right straight away or wait to complete pre settled status 5 years ?

Thank you so much

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:06 am

Dear kameo, I was reading some of the posts and feel like your contribution to my case will be very much helpful, please members who have some knowledge help me, or tell me if my question is not understandable? So I can try to explain differently.

I really hope someone with the knowledge to respond .

Thank you very much in advance

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Post by Irfan1648 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi, I called euss helpline today, they told me that once parents have pre settled status and they are here over a year , and marriage has been lasted over three years, then they do not need to do anything at this moment,

They will be able to apply for settled status after 5 years in the case of divorce , you need to provide the decree absolute.

I know there are so many people with a lot of knowledge in this group who can confirm this is right ?

Thank you

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Pre settled status to settled status

Post by Irfan1648 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:22 am

Hi,
I have asked this before in different post , please help me !
Parents in law have pre settled status, they are in U.K. over a year, marriage is lasted more than 9 years, do they have to apply anything now ? Or to wait for 5 years and apply settled status with the same docs as retained right to reside ?

Eu settlement scheme have confirmed this that they do not need to do anything now, their pre settled status will remain valid and once 5 year are completed they can apply settled status,

Can anyone here who have been through this process or have knowledge about it confirm it ? I just want to double check , not to just rely on phone call .
Please i will really appreciate moderators if you can help with this. Thank you very much

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Re: Pre settled status to settled status

Post by Soso12 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 pm

Irfan1648 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:22 am
Hi,
I have asked this before in different post , please help me !
Parents in law have pre settled status, they are in U.K. over a year, marriage is lasted more than 9 years, do they have to apply anything now ? Or to wait for 5 years and apply settled status with the same docs as retained right to reside ?

Eu settlement scheme have confirmed this that they do not need to do anything now, their pre settled status will remain valid and once 5 year are completed they can apply settled status,

Can anyone here who have been through this process or have knowledge about it confirm it ? I just want to double check , not to just rely on phone call .
Please i will really appreciate moderators if you can help with this. Thank you very much
You are british citzen and your parents non EU and your wife EU citzen
They must change upgrade pre settle old card to new card replacement under EUSS ..
However after 5 years they have to apply to settle status . I suppose may be home office ask about evidence papers from your wife ,

Irfan1648
Pakistan

Re: Pre settled status to settled status

Post by Irfan1648 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:58 am

I called the Eu settlement scheme, they have told me nothing need updating as their pre settled status will remain valid, can apply once 5 year period is completed.