ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ethnicity: Other White or British?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frankin5
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Ethnicity: Other White or British?

Post by frankin5 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Originally I came to the UK as an immigrant from eastern europe, my skin colour is white.
I got my my first passport in which I see: "Nationality: British Citizen".
The question is:
What do I have to choose when asked on the websites: Your Ethnicity: Other White or British?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Ethnicity: Other White or British?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Ethnicity is not nationality. I think this is normally a voluntary personal decision/selection based on which one you identify yourself with -
or don't give the information There is nothing in law that requires you to provide this information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

frankin5
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by frankin5 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm

So I can specify either the "British" or "Other White", both correct?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:19 pm

frankin5 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm
So I can specify either the "British" or "Other White", both correct?
Clearly you can use "British (White)" or "Other White" - personally I can use both but I stick with the meaning that best applies to me -ethnically I am "Other". I read "British white" as "native white". You have to decide what is correct in your mind - this is not laid down in law, and as I said it's voluntary.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.