ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chldren citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Chldren citizenship

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi all
All my kids are EU citizens.
One of them was born here in 2014 after i arrived in ireland and started legally living here. I applied for passport on belhaf of her but she was refused due to us, (parents) as we were not residing in ireland 2 years out of 3 prior to her birth. Nevertheless she holdes an irish birth certificate.
I became an irish citizen just year and a half ago.
Question: can I apply again for passport on belhaf of her as she has an irish birth certificate and her parent( me) is an irish citizen
Thanks

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Chldren citizenship

Post by Vorona » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:35 pm

You can't. Passport application will be refused if your daughter is not an Irish citizen. You must have at least 3 years of physical residence in Ireland in the last 4 years in order for her to be eligible to apply for naturalisation. Irish birth certificate is not a proof of Irish citizenship. If you're an Irish citizen, she can apply for naturalisation.

Light234
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Chldren citizenship

Post by Light234 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:37 am

@zaza7625, please disregard Vorona's post. You can definitely apply for your child as you are now an Irish citizen. Wish you the very best.