ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India based on Indian passport even after acquiring British Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

avaismohammad

Travelling to India based on Indian passport even after acquiring British Passport

Post by avaismohammad » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:31 pm

Hi There,
What's the worse thing that can happen on Indian airport (Hyderabad) while returning from India if one travels to India on Indian passport even after acquiring British passport?
Given while returning one would use British passport to get back to UK but it will not have the entry stamp to India. Would it be a big issue?

I am aware of the fine while applying OCI in the case above and fine with it.
I need to travel asap and not enough time to surrender indian passport, etc.
Many thanks.

iamthesams
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travelling to India based on Indian passport even after acquiring British Passport

Post by iamthesams » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:27 pm

I am also in the same situation. If someone who travelled recently, can you please advise? Thanks!

iamthesams
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travelling to India based on Indian passport even after acquiring British Passport

Post by iamthesams » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:33 am

avaismohammad wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:31 pm
Hi There,
What's the worse thing that can happen on Indian airport (Hyderabad) while returning from India if one travels to India on Indian passport even after acquiring British passport?
Given while returning one would use British passport to get back to UK but it will not have the entry stamp to India. Would it be a big issue?

I am aware of the fine while applying OCI in the case above and fine with it.
I need to travel asap and not enough time to surrender indian passport, etc.
Many thanks.
Hi, did you finally travel. We're you able to enter India without any issues? Can you please share? Thank you.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 am

Hi guys. I am in similar situation now. Can you please share your experience ?

VN21
Newly Registered
India

Post by VN21 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi all,
Need your help please. I received my British passport in October but didn't apply for OCI as I was told I wouldn't receive it by December to travel. I have sent back my ILR when I received naturalisation. Can I travel on Indian passport to India. Please let me know the process. Do I show Indian partition at Heathrow entry and exit and Indian at Indian airport? But what about the airlines who always check visa at both entry and exit point?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:45 pm

VN21 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 pm
Hi all,
Need your help please. I received my British passport in October but didn't apply for OCI as I was told I wouldn't receive it by December to travel. I have sent back my ILR when I received naturalisation. Can I travel on Indian passport to India. there is a grace period of upto 3 months from the date of acquisition of foreign nationality / citizenship but not after acquiring foreign passportPlease let me know the process. you'll have to surrender Indian Passport & get OCIDo I show Indian partition at Heathrow entry and exit and Indian at Indian airport?no But what about the airlines who always check visa at both entry and exit point? no

Refer to:
https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/surre ... -passport/
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI