ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General work) - Job Promotion with the same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

catsang
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 2 (General work) - Job Promotion with the same employer

Post by catsang » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi,

I am currently having My Tier 2 (General Work) Visa - valid til early Sep 2022.
My current employer (an advertising company) would like to promote me to International Associate Director (original title: International Account Manager).
Will the job promotion affect my current Visa ?
If so, what I should do ?

Looking forward to hearing advice.
Many thanks.

mike_21
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General work) - Job Promotion with the same employer

Post by mike_21 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:57 pm

You should be fine as long as your new role has the same SOC as your previous role. Check with your HR because they should also report this to the HO. If however your promotion resulted in a new SOC, you need to make a new visa application. Again, your HR will prepare the relevant paperwork for this purpose (e.g., to issue a new CoS for your application).

catsang1
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by catsang1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Thanks Mike!

The SOC on my current visa is #3545 (SALES ACCOUNTS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS) which has the task descriptions already covers the job responsibility of my new title for job promotion - International Associate Director.
Also, there is no other SOC with job title exactly same as my new title.
Apart from # 3545, # 1134 DVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTORS / # 1132 MARKETING AND SALES DIRECTORS could be relevant.

In this case, can I still stick with # 3545 ? OR my HR just need to update my visa instead of applying a new one ?

Many thanks,
Carol

mike_21
Newly Registered

Post by mike_21 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Your are welcome I am just hanging around sharing what I know while working on my own visa application.

It is primarily your HR's responsibility to determine the SOC of your new role to ensure proper compliance with the HO. In the case where this is not very straightforward, they should use their best judgement to determine a SOC that best matches your new job descriptions. Your HR may also consult an immigration expert for this purpose. You can of course provide your opinion in the process, for instance, you mentioned that your new job descriptions are well covered by 3545.

If your HR has decided that 3545 is the SOC of your new role, they only have to inform the HO about your new job (or title) and your salary increase which I assumed came with your promotion. You do not need to make a new visa application.

If your new role has a different SOC, you need to apply to update your visa. In this case, your HR need to issue an undefined CoS for your application since you will be switching from within the UK.