ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whether To Opt For Indian Passport Or British Passport (with OCI)?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sapandesai
Newly Registered
India

Whether To Opt For Indian Passport Or British Passport (with OCI)?

Post by sapandesai » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:25 am

Folks, I have below queries if any of you are able to assist me with:

1. I am going to apply for a British passport for my newborn (and subsequently apply for her OCI) given she is eligible for British citizenship by her circumstances at birth, while the rest of my family (including me) still holds Indian passport with UK ILR visa.

2. With the above, what (if any) kind of challenges / issues I should expect to face while travelling to India, and returning back to UK as well as visiting other European countries on holidays?!

3. By opting for direct British citizenship (and passport) for my newborn instead of Indian citizenship, other than the voting rights in India when she turns 18 and being able to buy land, what else I am stripping her off of?

4. Has any of you opted for Certificate Of Entitlement to Right Of Abode for your children, instead of directly opting for the British passport?

Please help me with the above queries.

Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: Whether To Opt For Indian Passport Or British Passport (with OCI)?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:12 am

Also see this thread for a fuller understanding of the OP's queries.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.