ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GIGPH
Ireland

Re: First time passport application

Post by GIGPH » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:29 pm

drfas wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:12 pm
Is it 40 working days?
To be precise - completed 7 weeks (49 days) since receipt of documents. Working days will be only 34 as 7 weekends and 1 Bank holiday. But honestly these numbers do not matter any more as there is no guaranteed delivery even after 40 working days.
One standard sentence from their side - "We have a huge backlog and first time passport applications can not be expedited" - and we are left with no reply/argument :) :)

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:49 pm

When I spoke to them this morning they said that my application is in a queue to be checked by an entitlement officer ,I think from last week someone said that they applied on 22nd of June and their application is awaiting a review by an officer .I think its because of August and half of the people I know are away on holidays so the people in passport office will be away too.
I think once the schools open up we will get quick turn around

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 pm

When can one expect to receive the original docs we had sent with our application? (i.e. our nat cert etc..)

selva957
Newly Registered

Post by selva957 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 am

sugeie wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 am
klick02 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:16 am
Question? have u at least gotten your original documents back? ie passport and birth cert?

Documents are sent back after the Passport is sent out (10 working days?)

My Passport = 10 weeks (50 working days) from being accepted at the Passport office to arriving at my House

It is worth bearing in mind that some applications will progress faster than others depending on individual circumstances...

Atlantino
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Atlantino » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 am

GIGPH wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:09 am
Atlantino wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:17 am
Summer2021 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:42 am
Hi

Anyone waiting over 40 working days, from the day they received your documents?
today is 2 months waiting for the day they received my documents ,and every time i call same response .your application is waiting for to be assigned for cheeker ,=which makes me thinking what kind of department is this ,somewhere els you would get your passport very quick .anyway waiting game will never end . :shock:
Hello, did you get your original documents back ?
NO still waiting didn`t get anything from DFA only same bullshit reply in every occasion i contacted them :oops:

seancool

Post by seancool » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:01 pm

1 month 3 weeks 2 days ago ...

still waiting

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:48 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:29 pm
Naturalisation Application: June 2019

Approval: Oct 2020

Affidavit sent: March 2021

Cert Received: May 2021

Passport application: 31st May 2021

Processing Application: 6th June 2021

Passport Printed: 15th July 2021

Passport Dispatched: 16th July 2021

Passport Received: 19th July 2021

Passport Card Received: 20th July 2021

Documents awaited. It’ll apparently take up to 15 working days.

All the very best.

Received my documents today, 11th August 2021. It took exactly 15 working days from the time I received my passport card (they said it would in the attached letter then).

klick02
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by klick02 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:48 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:29 pm
Naturalisation Application: June 2019

Approval: Oct 2020

Affidavit sent: March 2021

Cert Received: May 2021

Passport application: 31st May 2021

Processing Application: 6th June 2021

Passport Printed: 15th July 2021

Passport Dispatched: 16th July 2021

Passport Received: 19th July 2021

Passport Card Received: 20th July 2021

Documents awaited. It’ll apparently take up to 15 working days.

All the very best.

Received my documents today, 11th August 2021. It took exactly 15 working days from the time I received my passport card (they said it would in the attached letter then).
Congratulations. :) and thanks for sharing the timeline
If I may ask, after applying on 31st May, did you tracker change status and was 15th July your original estimated delivery date?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Thank you!

Yes, it changed its status.

If I remember correctly, it was something along the lines of the 28th of June that was estimated.

I read several posts here re the wait:
Give it approx 40 WORKING days as a first time applicant and 15 WORKING days post receiving your passport card (if applied for) and you should get the docs back.

They are under-staffed, have to socially-distance and while we are in the middle of a pandemic and may not necessarily opt to travel, annual leave still needs to be taken and it is well within their right and their need to take their leave.

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 am

Well... the general rule of thumb everywhere is that leaves are taken in such a way that there is no impact on work and someone else can cover for you. Taking annual leaves in the middle of peak season of passport applications(May-July) en-masse should not be an option ! Applicants also have genuine needs to travel other than their their qualified 'emergencies'. Regarding maintaining social-distancing in office - who has stopped them from hiring a new facility and making half of the staff sit there ? It is not a free service and they can afford to hire more people and pay for a new facility. So, somehow the justifications on slow processing do not hold any merit.

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:17 am

GIGPH wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 am
Well... the general rule of thumb everywhere is that leaves are taken in such a way that there is no impact on work and someone else can cover for you. Taking annual leaves in the middle of peak season of passport applications(May-July) en-masse should not be an option ! Applicants also have genuine needs to travel other than their their qualified 'emergencies'. Regarding maintaining social-distancing in office - who has stopped them from hiring a new facility and making half of the staff sit there ? It is not a free service and they can afford to hire more people and pay for a new facility. So, somehow the justifications on slow processing do not hold any merit.
I agree they could have reacted better in this peak season. However, everyone including the staff working for the passport service deserves going on holidays. It's their right and they should do it. Im sure they deserved it like many of us waiting for our passports or documents to be returned. Them being under staffed is purely a management issue. I don't blame anyone working there for any reasons. I just have to sit back and wait for my turn.

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 am

The question is what we’re they doing before the holiday times or before asking for annual leave?! That now they came up with this nonsense excuse, because staff in every organisation regularly goes on annual leave and management knows how to cover their place until they return.

For the whole past 17 months they never stoped excusing pandemic until they found a new excuse the annual leave. Shame on them.

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:50 am

Summer2021 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 am
The question is what we’re they doing before the holiday times or before asking for annual leave?! That now they came up with this nonsense excuse, because staff in every organisation regularly goes on annual leave and management knows how to cover their place until they return.

For the whole past 17 months they never stoped excusing pandemic until they found a new excuse the annual leave. Shame on them.
Annual leave is not official excuse yet. The official one since last 3.5 months is the same - huge backlog and limited staff in office due to social distance requirements.

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:53 am

I am afraid to say its not only them ,the whole civil service in Ireland comes to halt in the month of August .
The whole civil service here is inefficient .The same pandemic is worse across the border in the UK but if you look at them people are getting their passports within 2-4 weeks .

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:15 am

No matter what we say ,it just doesn't change anything. We are not people infront of them, we are just numbers and files .It was our decision to stay in this country and become it's Citizens ,as a whole I enjoyed my time in here .I think everybody here will agree that the citizenship journey was frustrating and demoralising as there is no communication whatsoever. I think its ludicrous that after 5 years here we have to wait for 2 years and 3 months in my case to be given a citizenship certificate .The excuse they give is security clearance and bla bla bla but the only clearance they do is Garda clearance which takes 3 weeks and after that it's just the lazy beaurocracy .I think we will all get our passports but all this experience will leave a sour taste in our mouth

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:21 am

Well say drfas

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:30 am

drfas wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:15 am
No matter what we say ,it just doesn't change anything. We are not people infront of them, we are just numbers and files .It was our decision to stay in this country and become it's Citizens ,as a whole I enjoyed my time in here .I think everybody here will agree that the citizenship journey was frustrating and demoralising as there is no communication whatsoever. I think its ludicrous that after 5 years here we have to wait for 2 years and 3 months in my case to be given a citizenship certificate .The excuse they give is security clearance and bla bla bla but the only clearance they do is Garda clearance which takes 3 weeks and after that it's just the lazy beaurocracy .I think we will all get our passports but all this experience will leave a sour taste in our mouth
Can not agree more especially with last lines...

drfas
Pakistan

Post by drfas » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:53 am

drfas wrote:
No matter what we say ,it just doesn't change anything. We are not people infront of them, we are just numbers and files .It was our decision to stay in this country and become it's Citizens ,as a whole I enjoyed my time in here .I think everybody here will agree that the citizenship journey was frustrating and demoralising as there is no communication whatsoever. I think its ludicrous that after 5 years here we have to wait for 2 years and 3 months in my case to be given a citizenship certificate .The excuse they give is security clearance and bla bla bla but the only clearance they do is Garda clearance which takes 3 weeks and after that it's just the lazy beaurocracy .I think we will all get our passports but all this experience will leave a sour taste in our mouths

Atlantino
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Atlantino » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:09 am

drfas wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:53 am
drfas wrote:
No matter what we say ,it just doesn't change anything. We are not people infront of them, we are just numbers and files .It was our decision to stay in this country and become it's Citizens ,as a whole I enjoyed my time in here .I think everybody here will agree that the citizenship journey was frustrating and demoralising as there is no communication whatsoever. I think its ludicrous that after 5 years here we have to wait for 2 years and 3 months in my case to be given a citizenship certificate .The excuse they give is security clearance and bla bla bla but the only clearance they do is Garda clearance which takes 3 weeks and after that it's just the lazy beaurocracy .I think we will all get our passports but all this experience will leave a sour taste in our mouths
i contacted my solicitor and on Monday i will start legal challenge ,hopefully this will end a long waiting for others as if they are getting court orders than they will expedite the passports very quickly

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 am

They should hire staff from diverse backgrounds, I believe that will make the citizenship and passport processes etc.. up to 80% faster and will cut the slow bureaucracy.

Jef Bezos travel to space took just under 15 minutes! But my application for naturalisation took over 2 years and it was only possible through a solicitor paying a lot of money in my case.

There should be something wrong in their systems and seriously to be considered looking at.

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Annual leave is not an excuse at all. In fact it is very unfair and disrespectful to leave people waiting for over 3 months to get their passport only because your staff are going on their holidays and enjoying themselves away.

Most of the applicants for first time passport have been waiting 2++ years to get their citizenship and now you want them to wait for over 3 months to get their passports.

If you don’t want people to apply for citizenship then stop taking applications.

The way the system here making people unfairly waiting to get decisions on their own application has to stop.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Hmmm.... you guys need to send your complaints, allegations and frustration to the passport office as a feedback. Otherwise this topic will turn into a platform for hysterical whining, false accusations and laughable absurdity. Some of the things you have said on here are just ridiculous.

Atlantino
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Atlantino » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Vorona wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:54 pm
Hmmm.... you guys need to send your complaints, allegations and frustration to the passport office as a feedback. Otherwise this topic will turn into a platform for hysterical whining, false accusations and laughable absurdity. Some of the things you have said on here are just ridiculous.
you Verona you have nothing to do only giving out to people in all the topics i visited i guess you should not be here if you got your passport and your immigration journey is finish ,mean while leave us express our frustration and concerns

Summer2021
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Summer2021 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:07 pm

The 1% of people who got their citizenship and passport way before the target delivery. Are very happy and has no feelings for the rest waiting for a very long time and should not even visit this thread.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Atlantino wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:04 pm
you Verona you have nothing to do only giving out to people in all the topics i visited i guess you should not be here if you got your passport and your immigration journey is finish ,mean while leave us express our frustration and concerns
Probably a good time to pause or clear up this topic, it's becoming unproductive and uninformative.
Nothing wrong with being frustrated, but some of the language and level of rage of some people on here is concerning.