ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dexmo

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by dexmo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:37 am

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:39 pm
dexmo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:35 pm
dexmo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:28 pm
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:50 pm
Yes i have submitted all the documents work related, travel restrictions from Dubai due to lockdown and also my return bookings from Dubai to UK.
So you travelled for work? Was this as part of your employment with a UK-based company? An important element that may have been a factor in the caseworker's decision to refuse your application, if this was not related to your employment in the UK.
Note also that discretion over excessive absences in your final year of the qualifying period will only be exercised if you can demonstrate strong links with the UK, i.e. family, employment, home etc.

I moved my family on family visa last year in september and they are now going school here in UK and i have my employement here since 2014

Last year when i travelled to Dubai i was planning to bring my family to UK in March but suddenly the covid restrictions started and home office was not working so couldnt apply for them and even couldnt leave them in Dubai with the covid situation. I applied for them the moment home office was working and we came together to UK in september.

My last year absences we more tgan 180 days.

In my reconsideration i have mentioned all the details in the covering letter

What is the expected timeline for teconsideration or anyone else have gone through a similiar situation
Reconsideration can take a year, or less, or more - there's no standard processing time. Presumably, you've been in the UK since September last year without substantial absences? You can re-apply in September when you'll have brought yourself with the statutory requirement, you'll probably get a decision on your new application quicker than on reconsideration.

tush1822
Newly Registered

Post by tush1822 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Vermont wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:03 am
tush1822 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am
As you were subject to a time limit on your stay in the United Kingdom until 8 September 2020, you do not meet the requirement to have been free from any time restrictions on your stay for the whole of the twelve months prior to your application.
"Being subject to a time limit on your stay" means that you have time-limited visa, like Tier 2, that says for how long you can stay in the UK.

"Begin free from time restrictions on your stay" means that you can stay in the UK permanently, e.g. you have ILR. They are saying there that you obtained your ILR on 8 September 2020.
hi mate
Thanks for the comments.

I have consulted with the solicitor, looks like its mistake on their part on the dates I have got the ILR. I have applied for reconsiderations.

I will update the forum
Cheers
Tushar

Mahmoodshaikhani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mahmoodshaikhani » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 am

dexmo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:37 am
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Yes i have submitted all the documents work related, travel restrictions from Dubai due to lockdown and also my return bookings from Dubai to UK.
So you travelled for work? Was this as part of your employment with a UK-based company? An important element that may have been a factor in the caseworker's decision to refuse your application, if this was not related to your employment in the UK.
Note also that discretion over excessive absences in your final year of the qualifying period will only be exercised if you can demonstrate strong links with the UK, i.e. family, employment, home etc.

I moved my family on family visa last year in september and they are now going school here in UK and i have my employement here since 2014

Last year when i travelled to Dubai i was planning to bring my family to UK in March but suddenly the covid restrictions started and home office was not working so couldnt apply for them and even couldnt leave them in Dubai with the covid situation. I applied for them the moment home office was working and we came together to UK in september.

What is the expected timeline for teconsideration or anyone else have gone through a similiar situation
Reconsideration can take a year, or less, or more - there's no standard processing time. Presumably, you've been in the UK since September last year without substantial absences? You can re-apply in September when you'll have brought yourself with the statutory requirement, you'll probably get a decision on your new application quicker than on reconsideration.

I need an advise about my nee application for naturalisation.
I have been registered as severly partially impaired on the 9th of June. I have also been registered as disable in my local council and have been issued with a CVI certificate.

My question is when i apply for a new application for my naturalisation should i apply with full capacity waiver and will the discretion be applied in my case.

Please advise

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 am

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 am
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:

I have been registered as severly partially impaired on the 9th of June. I have also been registered as disable in my local council and have been issued with a CVI certificate.

My question is when i apply for a new application for my naturalisation should i apply with full capacity waiver and will the discretion be applied in my case.

Please advise
Not clear what you're asking here. Are you asking whether discretion will be applied because you're visually impaired? Discretion over excess absences? The full capacity requirement is intended to ensure that applicants are able to understand their actions in applying for naturalisation and most people are except for those with a mental health condition or a learning disability in which case the requirement will be waived. Other requirements must still be met, i.e. residency, absences, good character etc.

Mahmoodshaikhani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mahmoodshaikhani » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:05 pm

dexmo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 am
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
dexmo wrote:

Please advise
Not clear what you're asking here. Are you asking whether discretion will be applied because you're visually impaired? Discretion over excess absences? The full capacity requirement is intended to ensure that applicants are able to understand their actions in applying for naturalisation and most people are except for those with a mental health condition or a learning disability in which case the requirement will be waived. Other requirements must still be met, i.e. residency, absences, good character etc.

Thanks yes this is my question that will the discretion will be applied on excessive absences if i am severly visual impaired and i submit a new naturalisation application.

Mahmoodshaikhani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mahmoodshaikhani » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:05 pm
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:

What requirements will be waived

Please advise

Thanks yes this is my question that will the discretion will be applied on excessive absences if i am severly visual impaired and i submit a new naturalisation application.

Mahmoodshaikhani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mahmoodshaikhani » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:07 pm

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:

What requirements will be waived

Please advise

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:36 pm

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:
Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
dexmo wrote:

Please advise

The answer is no unless your absences were due to your disability, for example you were undergoing treatment abroad or were prevented from returning to the UK because of your disability. Visual impairment does not come under the full capacity requirement anyhow which has to do with your ability to understand what you're doing when you're applying for naturalisation.

Mahmoodshaikhani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mahmoodshaikhani » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi
My reconsideration fee of £ 372 has been deducted today from my account can someone guide whats the process of home office after that please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Mahmoodshaikhani wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:53 pm
Hi
My reconsideration fee of £ 372 has been deducted today from my account can someone guide whats the process of home office after that please
All you can do is wait. There is no timeframe for UKVI to process a reconsideration. They can take 6 months or they can take a year. It is entirely at their discretion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

deo96
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by deo96 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Your application for British Citizenship was received on 17 June 2021. Your application has been considered under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

You have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements for British Citizenship and your application has been refused.

What this means for you

You have not been naturalised as a British Citizen.

The reasons for this decision are set out in the next section.

Yours sincerely

Reasons for decision

I am not satisfied that you are of good character. The good character guidance (http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... y-guidance) explains how good character is assessed

You have not met this requirement because of:

your immigration history

You were in the UK when did not have permission to be in the UK between 07 April 2012, when your leave to enter expired, and 16 December 2014, when you were granted a Residence Card, which was less than 10 years ago.

This means you do not meet this requirement, as the extended family member of an EEA national, you did not have an automatic right to live and work in the United Kingdom based on that relationship. Extended family members of EEA nationals do not have the same automatic right to live and work in the United Kingdom under European law in the same way as direct family members. Only those defined as ‘family members’ of an EEA national have an automatic right to join, live with or accompany EEA family members who are exercising their free movement rights.

This means you have not complied with UK immigration laws in the 10-year period prior to the date of your application.

Therefore, I am not satisfied that you meet the good character requirement.

Next steps
The application fee for British Citizenship is not refundable and has been retained to cover the cost of handling and processing your application.

You will be refunded the sum of £80.00 because you are not required to attend a citizenship ceremony.

You can request a review of this decision using the form at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ed-form-nr

If you still wish to become a British Citizen, you can make a new application. You can do this at any time, but you are advised to ensure, as far as possible, that the requirements are met before doing so.

I NEED AN ADVISE PLEASE, CAN APPLY FOR REVIEW OR WAIT TILL 10 YEARS AND WHEN WOULD 10YRS COMPLETE AS PER THE DECISION.
I CAME TO UK DEC 2011.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm

deo96 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:52 pm
Your application for British Citizenship was received on 17 June 2021. Your application has been considered under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

You have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements for British Citizenship and your application has been refused.

What this means for you

You have not been naturalised as a British Citizen.

The reasons for this decision are set out in the next section.

Yours sincerely

Reasons for decision

I am not satisfied that you are of good character. The good character guidance (http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... y-guidance) explains how good character is assessed

your immigration history

You were in the UK when did not have permission to be in the UK between 07 April 2012, when your leave to enter expired, and 16 December 2014, when you were granted a Residence Card, which was less than 10 years ago.

This means you do not meet this requirement, as the extended family member of an EEA national, you did not have an automatic right to live and work in the United Kingdom based on that relationship. Extended family members of EEA nationals do not have the same automatic right to live and work in the United Kingdom under European law in the same way as direct family members. Only those defined as ‘family members’ of an EEA national have an automatic right to join, live with or accompany EEA family members who are exercising their free movement rights.

This means you have not complied with UK immigration laws in the 10-year period prior to the date of your application.

Therefore, I am not satisfied that you meet the good character requirement.

Next steps
The application fee for British Citizenship is not refundable and has been retained to cover the cost of handling and processing your application.

You will be refunded the sum of £80.00 because you are not required to attend a citizenship ceremony.

You can request a review of this decision using the form at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ed-form-nr

If you still wish to become a British Citizen, you can make a new application. You can do this at any time, but you are advised to ensure, as far as possible, that the requirements are met before doing so.

I NEED AN ADVISE PLEASE, CAN APPLY FOR REVIEW OR WAIT TILL 10 YEARS AND WHEN WOULD 10YRS COMPLETE AS PER THE DECISION.
I CAME TO UK DEC 2011.
You need to wait till 16 December 2024 before you can apply. You need 10 years of LEGAL residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Reading all these refusals, and seeing the reasons that they refused people for, I'm now slightly worried!

I don't know why! as far as I know, I'm not an over stayer but there was a period between 2004 and 2006/7 that I was sort of battling with the HO. I can't remember what it was about and why! I was a minor when I came over here...

Now, I'm thinking that the HO is doing everything in their power to pull the "good character" string and refuse people and on the top of that, don't refund people which to me is a daylight robbery! :!: :?:

Honestly, every single time I've been dealing with the HO, I've been panicking and having nightmares... :? :roll:

Hasan1983
Sudan

Post by Hasan1983 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm

prs wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 pm
Reading all these refusals, and seeing the reasons that they refused people for, I'm now slightly worried!

I don't know why! as far as I know, I'm not an over stayer but there was a period between 2004 and 2006/7 that I was sort of battling with the HO. I can't remember what it was about and why! I was a minor when I came over here...

Now, I'm thinking that the HO is doing everything in their power to pull the "good character" string and refuse people and on the top of that, don't refund people which to me is a daylight robbery! :!: :?:

Honestly, every single time I've been dealing with the HO, I've been panicking and having nightmares... :? :roll:
Don't panic brother, it doesn't deserve all this brain consumption. Be patient and wait. I have been waiting since July 5th. 😌

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Hasan1983 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:25 pm
prs wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Don't panic brother, it doesn't deserve all this brain consumption. Be patient and wait. I have been waiting since July 5th. 😌
Thanks bro. Yeah agreed. I've been waiting patiently for over 18 years to be honest.

Its just annoying that HO is so irresponsive and all over the place with their work! even though they're charging an arm and a leg for their services!

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi all. Unfortunately I received a refusal today. See below.

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty
Our enquiries into your application reveal that you were cautioned on 11th May 2021 for Car Theft.
The Home Secretary considers your actions constitute a deliberate attempt to mislead a Government department and as such cannot be satisfied that you meet the good character requirement for naturalisation as a British Citizen. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you meet the good character requirement.

I absolutely have no idea what that caution/offence was about. I'm absolutely fuming.

I have immediately requested an SAR to find out the details.

I don't know how challenging it will be to clear my name from the police records, then send it back for reconsideration. At the moment I'm not sure whether it's a home office error or police error.

Has anyone else successfully removed a wrong offence from their file?

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:27 pm

fepute wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 pm

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty
Our enquiries into your application reveal that you were cautioned on 11th May 2021 for Car Theft.
The Home Secretary considers your actions constitute a deliberate attempt to mislead a Government department and as such cannot be satisfied that you meet the good character requirement for naturalisation as a British Citizen. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you meet the good character requirement.

I absolutely have no idea what that caution/offence was about. I'm absolutely fuming.

I don't know how challenging it will be to clear my name from the police records, then send it back for reconsideration. At the moment I'm not sure whether it's a home office error or police error.

If you are sure that this is an error, you will have to contact them immediately and provide solid evidence. once you have won this case, I'd suggest you to take them to court!

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:51 pm

prs wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:27 pm
fepute wrote:

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty

If you are sure that this is an error, you will have to contact them immediately and provide solid evidence. once you have won this case, I'd suggest you to take them to court!
Yes, this is definitely an error. However, I am not sure whether its a Police records error or Home office checking error. I'll wait for my SAR to return, then take from there.

I am not sure what solid evidence to provide other than saying , 'it wasn't me'.

I'm really confused by the whole thing at the moment. I did go to my local police station to enquire/explain, they basically told me to go online and request a SAR.

If it comes back clear, then I will apply for reconsideration immediately. If there's an error on my file, I'll then need to challenge it first before applying.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:06 pm

fepute wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:51 pm
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty

Yes, this is definitely an error. However, I am not sure whether its a Police records error or Home office checking error. I'll wait for my SAR to return, then take from there.

I am not sure what solid evidence to provide other than saying , 'it wasn't me'.

I'm really confused by the whole thing at the moment. I did go to my local police station to enquire/explain, they basically told me to go online and request a SAR.

If it comes back clear, then I will apply for reconsideration immediately. If there's an error on my file, I'll then need to challenge it first before applying.
Can you prove where you were on 11th May 2021? that could help you to prove them wrong.

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:14 pm

prs wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:06 pm
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty

Can you prove where you were on 11th May 2021? that could help you to prove them wrong.
I will try to do this as soon as I receive the details i.e. time and place of the alleged incident.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm

fepute wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:14 pm
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty

I will try to do this as soon as I receive the details i.e. time and place of the alleged incident.
Why SAR? that takes 40 days. Do a Police check as that will show your criminal history if you have any and it comes within 1 or 2 weeks. don't leave it too long. For any criminal history check, you can simply do a CRB check.

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:36 pm

prs wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:

Reasons for decision

Deception and dishonesty

Why SAR? that takes 40 days. Do a Police check as that will show your criminal history if you have any and it comes within 1 or 2 weeks. don't leave it too long. For any criminal history check, you can simply do a CRB check.
Thanks. I'll definitely do that ASAP.

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:26 pm

fepute wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:36 pm
prs wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:24 pm
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:
fepute wrote:
prs wrote:

Thanks. I'll definitely do that ASAP.
Just a quick update. I received my SAR from ACRO, and they confirmed that there is no trace/data held about me on the Police National Computer.

So, I'm about to complete an application for reconsideration.

This whole process is frustrating....and expensive.

Zaidi1979
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaidi1979 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:29 pm

Hi everyone sorry for this long message  I got question please guide me what I need to do
I applied for my British citizenship in 26th of May which was refused today due to not " Good Character ".
I was in this county on student visa and from 2005 to 2011 and 2011 ( I'm sorry dates may be no correct) my visa get refused but I still carry on to finish my MBA degree and I went through appeal process then 2013 I applied for JR.
2013 to 2014 I was waiting for my JR decision during that time i got married and after my JR get refused in 2014 I went back to my country and come back in 2015 on suppose visa.
I'm just asking guidance is worth it explaining myself to HM my JR situation and review the citizenship application or wait couple of years and apply again ...
I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

tush1822
Newly Registered

Post by tush1822 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 pm

tush1822 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:44 pm
Vermont wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:03 am
tush1822 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am
As you were subject to a time limit on your stay in the United Kingdom until 8 September 2020, you do not meet the requirement to have been free from any time restrictions on your stay for the whole of the twelve months prior to your application.
"Being subject to a time limit on your stay" means that you have time-limited visa, like Tier 2, that says for how long you can stay in the UK.

"Begin free from time restrictions on your stay" means that you can stay in the UK permanently, e.g. you have ILR. They are saying there that you obtained your ILR on 8 September 2020.
hi mate
Thanks for the comments.

I have consulted with the solicitor, looks like its mistake on their part on the dates I have got the ILR. I have applied for reconsiderations.

I will update the forum
Cheers
Tushar

Hi Everyone,
To let you know, my reconsideration application for Citizenship is successful. The ceremony also now completed.

Reconsideration Application was made= 26/5/2021
Amount deducted from Credit card = 5/8/2021
Decision arrived = 13/12/2021

Hope this helps.
Regards
Tushar