ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work requirement for ILR application through Global Talent route

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Work requirement for ILR application through Global Talent route

Post by Srijon07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:00 am

Hi,

I have recently got the Global Talent Visa and, hopefully, in 3 years I will be eligible to apply for ILR. I am confused about whether I need to be employed (at the appropriate field) at the moment when I apply for the ILR OR employment at any time during these 3 years is enough?

I get confusing information from different sources, for example,-

solicitor weblink removed by moderator says-
'You do not necessarily need to have been employed in the UK in the Global Talent visa category, however, you must demonstrate that you have earned money in the UK during your last period of permission in the field in which you were previously endorsed on the Global Talent route.'

University of Oxford website says-
'Applicants are required to provide evidence that they have earned money in the UK working in their area of expertise since being granted their Global Talent/ Tier 1 Exceptional Talent/ Promise visa.'

UK visa and immigration rules, published on 1 Decmeber 2020, says-
'To extend your Global Talent permission or apply for settlement you must show us evidence that you have earned money in the UK linked to your expert field, during your most recent grant of Global Talent leave. There is no minimum level of earnings needed for this.'

NOW, ALL THESE SUGGEST I DON'T NEED TO BE EMPLOYED RIGHT AT THE MOMENT OF ILR APPLICATION, RIGHT?

However, another GOV.UK page (updated recently) says-
'STILL BE doing paid work in the field you came to the UK to work in'

Now what is 'still be' doing means? My friend who recently applied for ILR through this route told me that in the application form, they ask for current job details... SO, DOES IT MEAN I NEED TO EMPLOYED AT THE VERY MOMENT OF ILR APPLICATION?

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Work requirement for ILR application through Global Talent route

Post by Srijon07 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 am

Does no one know the answer? :(

messengercrow
inactive
Iran

Post by messengercrow » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:42 pm

This is a good question. I want to know the answer too. I recently arrived and did not really cared about ILR and citizenship to be honest. For me only having a job was important.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:44 pm

I have this exact same question.

I am not currently in full-time employment, since my post-doc contract ran out just 2 months after I got the GTV.

If anyone (moderators or other forum members) knows this info, please do advise.

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:57 am

I am still looking for a definite answer to this question. Is there none, who could help?

nikuss
Newly Registered

Post by nikuss » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:18 pm

I've successfully applied for ILR via GT route a year ago. Both the application and the guidance (including recent updates) talk about 'previous earnings'. The letter from employer can be used as evidence that you have worked and earned in your expert field, but it doesn't have to be the current employer. Immigration Rules are the only relevant source of information on this.

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:02 am

Thanks Nikuss for your reply. I was concerned since one of my friend who recently got his ILR through this route told me that there is a question about his current job in the application. He got his GTV through a faster track.