ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Validity of GTV dependent visas after main holder gets ILR & how many months prior to their expiry can they be extended?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Validity of GTV dependent visas after main holder gets ILR & how many months prior to their expiry can they be extended?

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:31 pm

I am considering applying a GTV dependent visa for my wife. My GTV BRP expires on 04 Sep 2023, and therefore I guess that her dependent GTV intial BRP shall also be issued to expire on that same date.

Now, the interesting situation. I intend to make a super priority ILR application in August 2022, and being a straightforward case, expect no significant delays and therefore, believe that my ILR shall be issued around mid-September 2022.

I understand that my wife's GTV dependent visa can be extended up to a maximum of 5 years (even after the main GTV holder has obtained ILR).

The question is: "how long before the expiry of her initial BRP can she submit her extension application as a GTV dependent?"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Validity of GTV dependent visas after main holder gets ILR & how many months prior to their expiry can they be exten

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Can you please keep your questions in your existing topic!!! It is not necessary to start new topics asking the same questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.