ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appling to EU settlement - and leave?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NatCam
Georgia

Appling to EU settlement - and leave?

Post by NatCam » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:14 pm

Hello everybody,
I have a simple question : is it possible to leave the country after applying to the settlement scheme and not waiting for the outcome of the application?
Will the application be refused then?

alberthan1618
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Appling to EU settlement - and leave?

Post by alberthan1618 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:15 am

NatCam wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:14 pm
Hello everybody,
I have a simple question : is it possible to leave the country after applying to the settlement scheme and not waiting for the outcome of the application?
Does the person in question have an EUSS FP? If so, then that sticker technically allows travel in-and-out of the UK, at least according to info found

I haven't heard of any applications being refused on these grounds, so that is unclear. Hope this helps.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:38 pm

@alberthan1618,
Yes, thank you. She's coming on EUSS Family permit. Trouble is she has certain obligations back in Greece and will certainly have to go back to rap things up.
Thank you.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:06 pm

NatCam wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:14 pm
Yes.
Leaving the country is not in itself a reason to refuse an application to the EUSS..

Unlike all other applications under UK rules, the EUSS allows applicants to leave the Uk while the application is being considered. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:03 am

@Kamoe
Thank you!