ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-Settled to Settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MM24

Pre-Settled to Settled status

Post by MM24 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering whether I would be eligible for the change from pre-settled to settled once I have been in country for 5 years.

I am a non eu who has pre-settled status due to the fact my spouse is EU.

I arrived on a tier 2 yms visa (which was my 1st 23 months in country), then transferred to a tier 2 working visa before finally switching to a Pre-Settled Status visa.

Do the previous visas count towards my time or is it just time spent on the EEA Pre-Settled Status?

I have tried looking this up and have not found a definitive answer online (though i am not great with guidance and legal texts).

secret.simon

Re: Pre-Settled to Settled status

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:41 pm

MM24 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:26 pm
Do the previous visas count towards my time or is it just time spent on the EEA Pre-Settled Status?
Just your time in the UK as the family member (such as spouse) of an EEA citizen.

That can include time on your other visas if, at the time, you were married to the EEA citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MM24

Re: Pre-Settled to Settled status

Post by MM24 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Thank you for your help on this, I am still a few years off then.