ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application and need to travel

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nicopalermo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application and need to travel

Post by nicopalermo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:31 am

Help please

My partner who is a UK national applied for his Irish citizenship in mid April 2021. At the time, the advise was to send the passport. He has not got the passport back, ie more than 3 months ago!, and emails are not replied.

We need to travel abroad in mid September to visit a family whose health is rapidly deteriorating, We have been postponing the trip waiting for the passport but the family member situation is rapidly deteriorating

Does anyone know what we could do? They don't answer phones or emails. I am happy to go wherever is necessary.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship Application and need to travel

Post by littlerr » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Have a look at the timeline thread to see when people submitted theirs application and when they received the passport back.

ireland/2021-citizenship-applications-t ... 48-50.html

There is nothing else you could do at the moment unfortunately, other than continuing emailing them. You need to make sure your email contains proof of need for urgent travel, otherwise they will not reply.
If you have already submitted your passport with an application and now require it for emergency travel reasons such as medical reasons or to sit medical examinations you should email us at citizenshipinfo@justice.ie setting out the reasons and provide 1) colour scanned copies of the supporting documentation such as a letter from your medical consultant or timetable of exams from the relevant examination institute/authority, 2) the An Post tracking number of your application and 3) date of receipt in the Citizenship Tipperary office.

This service is solely for the purposes of emergency travel and for the reasons stated above.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:30 am

Maybe you could get a new passport from the British Embassy? It's ridiculous they're hanging on to them for 4+ months; people have lives to live.

brit_in_dublin
Newly Registered

Post by brit_in_dublin » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 pm

I applied approx end Oct 2020, they held my passport to around end Feb 2021 (from memory). I would personally seek a new passport if you are unable to get yours back despite sending proof of emergency.