ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant and surname (BRP) change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jov92
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant and surname (BRP) change

Post by Jov92 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Hello members,

I am currently on PBS Dependant visa, and I need to renew it one more time before I can apply for ILR.

I will be getting married to main applicant (I received PBS dependant visa as unmarried partner) 45 days before I apply for my visa extension. I will then change surname to his surname. This brings me the my question:

Since I have 90 days to report BRP change of surname after I change it, and since my BRP will be expiring 45 days after I change my surname (meaning that I will probably not break any law if I don't change it before it expires anyway), do I have to change BRP first and then apply for my visa extension or I can apply with my existing BRP (which at that time will have my old surname and my passport will have my new surname)?

I am worried that if I have to change BRP before applying for my new visa it will not arrive in time for me to apply for extension.

Finally, if I can apply for new visa with BRP that has old surname (change happened 45 days ago), should I write a note to the case officer and should I pay any additional fee?

Thank you,
Jovanna