ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fish Fry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Fish Fry » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm

Corkythecat wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:34 am
firefighter664 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:42 pm
I applied 2 years ago today and not heard a sausage since. The website has consistently said the waiting time is 12-18 months throughout that time :D The wait goes on.
Yep - I'm on second anniversary now - I've not heard a dickie-bird - on the scale of not hearing anything I'm not sure which of us is worse off ? Sausage sounds worse though. Roll on September!
I filed in May 2019 and got the email confirming they received the application on June 6, 2019. I didn't hear squat after then until I received the email last week saying my application would be approved shortly and asking that I confirm my address. I was convinced my file had been lost and had all but given up hope that my application would be approved, especially after seeing so many postings on this board by people who filed way after me saying they had been added to the register. And good for them! It's human nature to want to post good news, so this board can make it seem like those of us whose applications were filed a couple years ago are outliers. I don't think that is the case though; we might even be a silent majority, especially due to COVID. In any event, I hope you don't have to wait 27 months to hear anything at all like I did, but don't give up hope if you do.

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Corkythecat wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
I applied 2 years ago today and not heard a sausage since. The website has consistently said the waiting time is 12-18 months throughout that time :D The wait goes on.
Yep - I'm on second anniversary now - I've not heard a dickie-bird - on the scale of not hearing anything I'm not sure which of us is worse off ? Sausage sounds worse though. Roll on September!
I passed 2 years last week, haven't heard a dickie-bird or a sausage since documents were received. (I'd be a bit more surprised if the sausage made noise.)

Naively, it seems like if all the applications are on line they should be able to process them in order of application. Practically, if the existing back log is 50% more than they have ever processed in a whole year, I'll be pleasantly surprised if mine is approved this year.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Fish Fry wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm
Corkythecat wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
I filed in May 2019 and got the email confirming they received the application on June 6, 2019. I didn't hear squat after then until I received the email last week saying my application would be approved shortly and asking that I confirm my address. I was convinced my file had been lost and had all but given up hope that my application would be approved, especially after seeing so many postings on this board by people who filed way after me saying they had been added to the register. And good for them! It's human nature to want to post good news, so this board can make it seem like those of us whose applications were filed a couple years ago are outliers. I don't think that is the case though; we might even be a silent majority, especially due to COVID. In any event, I hope you don't have to wait 27 months to hear anything at all like I did, but don't give up hope if you do.
Glad you've finally heard something, Fish Fry. I think it'll be another 18 months before I will be having my celebratory bottle of Guinness! I reckon I might just have one anyway! lol. I do feel a lot more hopeful now I am going to Ireland. Your experience just goes to show the importance of not losing hope. Thanks for sharing.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:34 pm

Angelo_2019 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:51 pm
Corkythecat wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
I passed 2 years last week, haven't heard a dickie-bird or a sausage since documents were received. (I'd be a bit more surprised if the sausage made noise.)

Naively, it seems like if all the applications are on line they should be able to process them in order of application. Practically, if the existing back log is 50% more than they have ever processed in a whole year, I'll be pleasantly surprised if mine is approved this year.
I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard anything, Angelo. I've a feeling you will do shortly. It should be OK if you've had confirmation that the documents were received. They have been storing them securely - I have this in writing from the DFA.

Hang on in there!

Regards,

Flatcap

Sooze

Post by Sooze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:26 am

20 months in from application and not heard a thing other than original confirmation. Seeing people gone past 2 years now is slightly depressing!

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Sooze wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:26 am
20 months in from application and not heard a thing other than original confirmation. Seeing people gone past 2 years now is slightly depressing!
Don't worry Sooze, if you got the original confirmation you should be nearing the final stages of the application cycle now. You'll hear something a lot sooner than me - and rightfully so if you've been waiting all that time! I've got an allotment and am going to Ireland so am happy to wait now. I've calmed right down!

Regards,

Flatcap

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:31 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:54 pm
An update to keep everyone informed. June 27, 2019 applicant here. I received my "Congrats you're approved" email on Aug 12 2021. It arrived in US Postal system on Aug 14, 2021 & is being processed. Today-my USPS Informed Delivery account emailed that it's in a Brooklyn NYC processing facility. So I should have it soon. Hopefully, today but by Monday for sure. All for now.
Out of curiosity, how did you know when the package arrived in the US postal system? Was that also through Informed Delivery, or some other method (e.g. tracking number you had)?

Been checking Informed Delivery daily, and no sign of it yet.

I hope your certificate really does come today!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:17 pm

dolewhip wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:31 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:54 pm
An update to keep everyone informed. June 27, 2019 applicant here. I received my "Congrats you're approved" email on Aug 12 2021. It arrived in US Postal system on Aug 14, 2021 & is being processed. Today-my USPS Informed Delivery account emailed that it's in a Brooklyn NYC processing facility. So I should have it soon. Hopefully, today but by Monday for sure. All for now.
Out of curiosity, how did you know when the package arrived in the US postal system? Was that also through Informed Delivery, or some other method (e.g. tracking number you had)?

Been checking Informed Delivery daily, and no sign of it yet.

I hope your certificate really does come today!
Yes----once it gets in the US postal system then Informed Delivery will show a package will be delivered. It has the Irish tracking number but you can plug that number into the track my package search to get where/when it's been scanned.

Mine was accepted in Dublin on Aug 14th 2021/Aug 18th in USA/ then it's been sent to a NYC regional facility/then sent to a Brooklyn Regional Center?-I'm not in Brooklyn//Saturday Aug 22 @ 1:56am it left that Brooklyn Regional Facility----no idea where it was going. Now I'm waiting & watching . I have to say I expected it today but they did have to prepare for a hurricane this weekend so I'll give the leeway ....now, I wait......

Oh--you can put in for updates to be sent via email and/or text messages whenever it gets scanned. I get the phone text messages. I SHOULD get an update tonight or tomorrow.

jgclancy...hope this helps

firefighter664
Newly Registered

Post by firefighter664 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:31 pm

Fish Fry wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:45 pm
Corkythecat wrote:
firefighter664 wrote:
Thanks Fish, that's given me some hope that the long wait might be over soon. Well, sometime in the next three months anyway!

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:31 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:17 pm
Yes----once it gets in the US postal system then Informed Delivery will show a package will be delivered. It has the Irish tracking number but you can plug that number into the track my package search to get where/when it's been scanned.

Mine was accepted in Dublin on Aug 14th 2021/Aug 18th in USA/ then it's been sent to a NYC regional facility/then sent to a Brooklyn Regional Center?-I'm not in Brooklyn//Saturday Aug 22 @ 1:56am it left that Brooklyn Regional Facility----no idea where it was going. Now I'm waiting & watching . I have to say I expected it today but they did have to prepare for a hurricane this weekend so I'll give the leeway ....now, I wait......

Oh--you can put in for updates to be sent via email and/or text messages whenever it gets scanned. I get the phone text messages. I SHOULD get an update tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you! This context is super helpful.

My Informed Delivery account makes no mention of anything in Dublin yet; curious if my package is coming via a different route or is simply further delayed.

Would really like to receive it by EOM, so I could get the supporting documents out for my passport (otherwise, out of town for 3+ weeks), but as long as it comes, that's the bottom line.

Good luck with the final wait!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:00 pm

dolewhip wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:31 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:17 pm

Thank you! This context is super helpful.

My Informed Delivery account makes no mention of anything in Dublin yet; curious if my package is coming via a different route or is simply further delayed.

Would really like to receive it by EOM, so I could get the supporting documents out for my passport (otherwise, out of town for 3+ weeks), but as long as it comes, that's the bottom line.

Good luck with the final wait!
Hahahaha...just got a text update tonight -----> Aug 23 2021 In Transit to Next Facility

Hoping that's my local Post Office at least.

jgclancy

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:22 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Hahahaha...just got a text update tonight -----> Aug 23 2021 In Transit to Next Facility

jgclancy
Fingers crossed! Barring some unfortunate disaster (of which there have been plenty lately), that certificate will be yours by EOW.

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 am

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:00 pm

jgclancy
Uh-oh, I think mine said that for about a week. Then I got one that said "Out for delivery".
When I got the "Delivered" text, I went outside and the mailbox was empty. Panic!
It showed up about 15 minutes later.

BigDaddy100

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm

And my FBR certificate has arrived.

Application : 24 Jun 2019
Confirmation docs received: 27 Jun 2019
Confirmation of address email: 14 December 2020
2nd Confirmation of Address email: 12 July 2021
Congratulations email : 12 August 2021
Cert received: Aug 23 2021/ with original documents.

Came last night right after my late post here. The USPS Informed Delivery still has it as: In route to another facility LOL no mention it's been delivered

The certificate date is Dec 16 2020 ----so it was in limbo for 8 months after the first address confirmation.

Next step---the passport/passport card. Hope that's less than 2 months. :)

Good Luck To All---things are moving again --- get vaccinated so Delta doesn't shut it all down again

jgclancy

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Came last night right after my late post here. The USPS Informed Delivery still has it as: In route to another facility LOL no mention it's been delivered

The certificate date is Dec 16 2020 ----so it was in limbo for 8 months after the first address confirmation.

Good Luck To All---things are moving again --- get vaccinated so Delta doesn't shut it all down again

jgclancy
Congratulations, Clancy! Well overdue (as that December certificate date indicates) - to think you've really been a citizen for 8 months!

Now that this process is over, time to actually make something of it - good luck with the passport process!

babyhalloween
Newly Registered

Post by babyhalloween » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:47 pm

jgclancy wrote:

jgclancy
Congratulations!!

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:03 pm

jgclancy wrote:

jgclancy
Amazing news, congratulations! You’ve been a citizen only a couple of months less than I have. If only you’d known all this time. Really made up for you. Let us know how the passport process goes.

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:28 pm

jgclancy wrote:

jgclancy
Congrats to you jgclancy. It's official now. Ready the pints. :D

JaneKnits
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JaneKnits » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:58 pm

dolewhip wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 pm
jgclancy wrote:

jgclancy
Congratulations, Clancy! Well overdue (as that December certificate date indicates) - to think you've really been a citizen for 8 months!

Now that this process is over, time to actually make something of it - good luck with the passport process!
CONGRATULATIONS Clancy!! Finally!!! Now onto the passport phase. At least you can apply online -- my passport status looks to be about almost 75% through -- with an estimate issuance date of Sept 21... fingers crossed!

Jane

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Congratulations, Clancy! Get that Guinness down you! Be sure to let us know how the whole passport thing goes. Delays notwithstanding, I think it will be a lot better than the FBR. Anyways, I'm going to Dublin, Cork and Nenagh on me old British passport. No golden harp yet, alas. That time will come! :D

Regards,

Flatcap

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Best of luck to all still waiting but it seems things are moving again.
I'll be having a pint & some Bailey's tonight!

Flatcap when in Cork there is a Clancy's Pub LOL hoping to get there this year!
My Clancy's left in 1863 but I shall return one day.

jgclancy

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:43 am

Have an update on my end as well!

Application submitted online: 7th October 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 24th October 2019
Confirmation of address email: 13th July 2021 (Team 1)
Congratulations email: 18th August 2021
Certificate received: 24th August 2021

My official "date of entry" on the FBR is also 13/7/21 (same day as address confirmation), which is cool. Can't believe I've been a citizen for over a month!

Riverside12
Newly Registered

Post by Riverside12 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Congratulations dolewhip! I received my email acknowledgement confirmation a couple of weeks before you (7 October 2019) so hoping I’m not too far off from you. I’m still at a loss as to how they process applications :shock:

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:10 pm

dolewhip wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:43 am
Have an update on my end as well!

Application submitted online: 7th October 2019
Email acknowledging receipt of documentation Balbriggan: 24th October 2019
Confirmation of address email: 13th July 2021 (Team 1)
Congratulations email: 18th August 2021
Certificate received: 24th August 2021

My official "date of entry" on the FBR is also 13/7/21 (same day as address confirmation), which is cool. Can't believe I've been a citizen for over a month!
Great to see that post!!! Congrats!!!

jgclancy

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:52 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:10 pm
Great to see that post!!! Congrats!!!

jgclancy
Riverside12 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:46 pm
Congratulations dolewhip! I received my email acknowledgement confirmation a couple of weeks before you (7 October 2019) so hoping I’m not too far off from you. I’m still at a loss as to how they process applications :shock:
Thank you both!

Regarding the processing order, seriously - I remember being perplexed when November cases were receiving their updates before I'd heard a thing, and it's not like my case required any clarification (it seems most don't, as we've all been as diligent as possible with our documents).

In any case, if mid-late October and early November have been tackled, early October has to be coming soon. Good luck!