ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Renewal for 5 year old

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hotmale
India

OCI Renewal for 5 year old

Post by hotmale » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:23 am

Hi My sons OCI has expired inline with british passport.
I've read on indian HCI website that according to new rules he dont need to renew OCI until he is 20 not sure if Ive interpreted this correctly or is there any other process as I am not able to find any details related to this topic any where

Can someone from this forum or experts share any info.

Thanks

hotmale
India

Re: OCI Renewal for 5 year old

Post by hotmale » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:10 pm

Any one please????

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:01 pm

I had my 5 year old's OCI renewal booked in for end of June but received the below email from the OCI section. The website update for 31st May mentioned in the email below has not happened yet and the date has been updated to end of June. I am planning to wait until the website is updated and then upload the photo and new passport as instructed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to appointment booked by you for OCI Services.

2. We are very delighted to inform you that Government of India has recently relaxed renewal of OCI rules. As per current rules:-

a. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED FOR MINOR CHILDREN ON CHANGE OF PASSPORT.
b. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED AFTER 50 YEARS OF AGE.
c. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED IF OCI WAS ISSUED AFTER 20 YEARS OF AGE.
d. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED EVERY TIME THERE IS CHANGE OF PASSPORT.
e. RENEWAL OF OCI IS NOT REQUIRED FOR CHANGE OF ADDRESS.

Applicants are only required to upload ONLINE a copy of their current passport and Photo on website www.ociservices.gov.in. No fees need to be paid. No form is required to be filled. No appointment required. This facility to upload photo and passport copy will be available on the website after 31st May, 2021.

You may also refer to https://ociservices.gov.in/MiscNew.pdf for details.

3. WHEN TO RENEW?: Renewal of OCI Card is required only ONCE after getting new passport after completing 20 years of age (Only if OCI was issued before 20 years of age).

Renewal of OCI card is also required in case there is change of name/nationality.

4. Government has also relaxed condition to carry old passport linked with the OCI Card. Now all OCI cardholders can travel to/from India carrying their OCI card and current passport only. But kindly upload your latest photograph and passport as mentioned above.

Kindly refer to the notice available on link: https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16188 ... 172708.pdf

5. In case, you are applying for renewal of OCI and fall under categories mentioned in para 2 above, then please note that there is no requirement for you to renew the OCI. You may just upload photo and passport online after 31st May, 2021.

6. Kindly ignore this email if you are applying for a fresh OCI. For fresh applications, please read the write-up on the following link to avoid rejection/delay at any stage.

https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16052 ... 112020.pdf

7. In case you need any other clarification, please reply back with copy of your current passport and OCI Card at oci.london@mea.gov.in

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply, I've printed and applied under OCI misslenious but process look like nor,al application process and ask for fee/visit to the local office i.e birmingham/london.

I cannot see any section only to upload documents as you have mentioned. Do you have more details or any link or and email/contact to get more info????

Thanks

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:23 pm

oh sorry just read you've mentioned you are still waiting as there are no updates. Can you please forward me the email address you have for contact with OCI team

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:07 pm

Does anyone have any info regarding this topic as still can not find any details

sacsat30
Newly Registered

Post by sacsat30 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am

Hello,

I am in the process of the Renewal for OCI for my 8 year old. Would appreciate if someone can guide me on it as I am confuse on the application process too.

So we renewed British passport last year (Feb 2020) for my daughter but did not bother to renew OCI as during COVID we had no plans to travel and as such it was not allowed. Now we are planning to travel next year to India so sorting OCI now.

I have filled out the forms from OCI Miscellaneous Services and have uploaded her current passport and our documents (under section of OCI CARD OF PARENTS). What I don't know now is:

1. There is a Declaration page / form which expects Name of applicant along with signature of Applicant . In here does the applicant (in our case 8 year old one) has to sign or one of the parent can sign?

Note: We have taken her signature on PART A as she was able to do it.

2. There is also Application for Minor Child page / form, in here I guess we both parents has to sign or one of the parent is enough?

3. Other then the photo uploaded on the form PART A, do we need any printed copy of the photo too?

If someone can guide me on this, I would really appreciate.

Thanks,
Regards,
Sac

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 am

sacsat30 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am
Hello,

I am in the process of the Renewal for OCI for my 8 year old. Would appreciate if someone can guide me on it as I am confuse on the application process too.

So we renewed British passport last year (Feb 2020) for my daughter but did not bother to renew OCI as during COVID we had no plans to travel and as such it was not allowed. Now we are planning to travel next year to India so sorting OCI now.

I have filled out the forms from OCI Miscellaneous Services and have uploaded her current passport and our documents (under section of OCI CARD OF PARENTS). What I don't know now is:

1. There is a Declaration page / form which expects Name of applicant along with signature of Applicant . In here does the applicant (in our case 8 year old one) has to sign or one of the parent can sign? Parents should sign declaration page.

Note: We have taken her signature on PART A as she was able to do it.

2. There is also Application for Minor Child page / form, in here I guess we both parents has to sign or one of the parent is enough? One Parent

3. Other then the photo uploaded on the form PART A, do we need any printed copy of the photo too? No, process is completely online now.

If someone can guide me on this, I would really appreciate.

Thanks,
Regards,
Sac
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:24 am

I hope you are uploading details of new passport here. No need booklet issues only details updated.

https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

sacsat30
Newly Registered

Post by sacsat30 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:28 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:24 am
I hope you are uploading details of new passport here. No need booklet issues only details updated.

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:24 am

dontringthebell wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 am
sacsat30 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am
Thank you dontringthebell for quick reply.

Thanks,
Regards,
Sac

ashtrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ashtrick » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:56 pm

I have submitted photos and signatures of my kids as they got their British passports renewed.

The application was submitted on 8th November. Status is still "Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration." and I am worried as I have booked the tickets for next week.

Anyone knows how long does it take to change the status currently?

Also, Should I wait for the status to change or can I travel as I have uploaded passport, photo and signature copies?

varunchadha2583

Post by varunchadha2583 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi,

Did you finally recieve a Renewal and how long did it take?

Thanks

ashtrick
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ashtrick » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:19 pm

varunchadha2583 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:30 pm
Hi,

Did you finally recieve a Renewal and how long did it take?

Thanks
Yes.. on 17th December 2021

Nehal86
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nehal86 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:31 pm

Can you pls tell me when did you apply and what date you got reply. I got the same cass

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am

Nehal86 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:31 pm
Can you pls tell me when did you apply and what date you got reply. I got the same cass
It can take up to a month at times. There is no set timeline provided, however, if in need of travel you can go ahead with the acknowledgement email.

antfer
Newly Registered

Post by antfer » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:42 am

I would be grateful for your advice on a very similar advice.

I have updated my 6 year son's OCI last week on the OCI website. I uploaded his photo, his signature and then his new renewed British Passport (at age 5). I have received acknowledgement on email.

- From the forum, I learn that we don't get a new OCI booklet. How will I know that he is OK to travel to India?

- I see that the process can potentially take a couple of months. What if we have to travel at short notice? Does my son have to apply for emergency visa for India? Or can he travel on his current OCI with the acknowledgement email and screenshot of the of OCI status page?

Would appreciate any advice on this matter.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:24 pm

antfer wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:42 am

I have updated my 6 year son's OCI last week on the OCI website. I uploaded his photo, his signature and then his new renewed British Passport (at age 5). I have received acknowledgement on email.

- From the forum, I learn that we don't get a new OCI booklet. How will I know that he is OK to travel to India?

- I see that the process can potentially take a couple of months. What if we have to travel at short notice? Does my son have to apply for emergency visa for India? Or can he travel on his current OCI with the acknowledgement email and screenshot of the of OCI status page?

I answered this for you on another thread, though, you may also check with the high commission if you would like to be absolutely sure.

antfer
Newly Registered

Post by antfer » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:05 pm

Thanks.

I did try calling - no one seems to answer. Gets redirected to voice mail which is full .

Any particular number that I could call?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:23 pm

antfer wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:05 pm
Thanks.

I did try calling - no one seems to answer. Gets redirected to voice mail which is full .

Any particular number that I could call?
If your travel falls under emergency category, you may call +44 7768 765 035 / 7739 363 521 even out of hours. Though this is strictly for emergency. You may check if you could travel with the acknowledgement email or not.

ranga27
Newly Registered

Post by ranga27 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:55 am

antfer wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:42 am

I'm planning to travel with my kid on his current OCI with an expired passport number. Do they check anywhere?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:05 am

At immigration check in India.