ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

0 CoS Allocations Available?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

McMilkeh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

0 CoS Allocations Available?

Post by McMilkeh » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Hey there, one I'm asking on behalf of a friend with some visa troubles.

Basically to summarise the nightmare she's been through:
  • Currently they're on a spouse visa, transferring to a Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa (within the UK)
  • The company has applied for/been granted the sponsorship license
  • They had requested the CoS and it is showing as 'READY TO GO'
  • When attempting to Assign the CoS, it says there are 0/0 allocations available
  • The company has now requested for an allocation increase
From my understanding, I'd assumed that requesting an allocation wouldn't be necessary and the company could just request the CoS through SMS and the worker could then submit their application with the CoS number.

Questions
- Has the company screwed up and hasn't said how many allocations they need when applying for the license?
- How long does the allocation increase typically take? Somebody on the phone said 60 days, somewhere on the internet said up to 18 weeks, some people have said it took them a couple weeks
- What should my friend do from here? Their visa is due to expire in 2 weeks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: 0 CoS Allocations Available?

Post by manci » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:53 pm

McMilkeh wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 pm
From my understanding, I'd assumed that requesting an allocation wouldn't be necessary and the company could just request the CoS through SMS and the worker could then submit their application with the CoS number.
This is only correct for defined CoSs when the applicant will be applying from outside the UK.

For in-country SW visa applications the sponsor needs to have available a CoS allocation in order to assign the undefined CoS and the standard service for additional undefined CoS allocations can indeed take up to 18 weeks. However there is an expedited service which costs £200 and processes the allocation request in 5 working days:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice