ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Irish Passport Received a Month Ago, But Supporting Documents Not Returned

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flaggaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

First Irish Passport Received a Month Ago, But Supporting Documents Not Returned

Post by flaggaz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Received my first Irish passport a month ago. Applied online from the US and the process went smoothly. Only problem is I never received my supporting docs (UK passport, birth certificate, mother's birth certificate and parents marriage certificate) back. The one time I was able to get hold of someone on the website chat (after trying for days) they said they would be returned within 3-4 weeks, and it's now outside that window. Has anyone else had to wait over a month for their supporting docs to be returned? And do we have any way of getting compensation if DFA lost them?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: First Irish Passport Received a Month Ago, But Supporting Documents Not Returned

Post by littlerr » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:21 pm

Typically it would take 2-3 weeks for the documents to be returned if they live in Ireland. As you live in the US, it would take another 2-3 weeks on top of that. I wouldn’t be too worried to be honest, but if you can ask for a tracking number using the webchat if you wish.

flaggaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: First Irish Passport Received a Month Ago, But Supporting Documents Not Returned

Post by flaggaz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Thanks, I will do that. Hopefully their webchat is working tomorrow. :D

flaggaz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by flaggaz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:24 am

Of course the day I contact them for a tracking number my documents are returned. Guess I was too impatient!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:52 am

That seems to be in line with the average turnaround. Congratulations on completing the journey.