ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Irish citizenship with mortgage abroad

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

earlybird2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Applying for Irish citizenship with mortgage abroad

Post by earlybird2018 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 am

Hey guys, Ukrainian here. I'm thinking about applying for Irish citizenship but a one question bothers me. Before moving to Ireland from Ukraine, I got a mortgage which is still not fully paid at this moment. My question is, won't be it a problem for getting Irish citizenship by naturalization or it's better to paid mortgage and apply for the citizenship only after it? I don't see any questions related to having mortgages abroad in application form. Thanks for you responses!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Applying for Irish citizenship with mortgage abroad

Post by Vorona » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 am

No, your financial obligations like mortgage or another type of consumer loan will not impact your application for naturalisation. Only repayments related to criminal prosecution or conviction have to be disclosed. However if you spent six or more weeks outside of Ireland in any year since becoming resident here, you must declare it as well.