ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting 1 year IRP on every renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ginmin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Getting 1 year IRP on every renewal

Post by Ginmin » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone here is in same situation as me. I’m married to Irish national, got 1st time stamp4 in 2018 it was valid for a year then renewed it in 2019,2020,2021. Its my 3rd year applying for renewal and still got 1 year irp card valid till 2022.
Was it not suppose to be long term irp card from 2020. I heard if you married with irish national only first 2 years you get 1 year stamp on your passport then on 3rd year they stamp your passport till the validity of your passport or they give you 3 years residency atleast.
I suppose to apply for naturalisation this year but i’m waiting for 365 days to complete coz i was out of country for more then 6 weeks.Will they keep giving me 1 year irp till i get my citizenship or anybody here has the same issue or they just doing this to me? :roll:

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Getting 1 year IRP on every renewal

Post by Vorona » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:39 pm

There must a reason why you're getting permissions only for one year each time. Maybe you spend too much time outside of Ireland and they see it. I had a permission just for 7 months because my passport was expiring. Next time I was given permission for 5 years.
Just ask to give you a longer permission and if they refuse then just keep renewing it as normally.