ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent visa extension ( UKRI Route 3: endorsed funder)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Global Talent visa extension ( UKRI Route 3: endorsed funder)

Post by neutronica » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:36 pm

Hello all,

I am currently on a 2-year GTV ( UKRI endorsed) valid till April 2022 and would like to apply for an extension for at least 2 years so that I can be eligible for ILR. According to gov. uk guidance on GTV extension,

You can usually apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Global Talent visa if:

i) the organisation that endorsed you has not withdrawn its approval
ii) you can show that you earned money in your expert field during your time in the UK by sending evidence toward your application, for example, payslips

There are no requirements or documents other than the above two mentioned in the guidance.

My questions are:

1) My research grant and contract with university will end in Feb 2022 i.e. 3 months before my visa expiry date. So, I am wondering whether I need to have another same level job or grant for applying for a GTV extension? or I can apply for extension without a next contract or grant?

2) Since I need to apply for a visa extension before the current visa expires, How long before the visa expiry I can apply for an extension?

3) Since one of the conditions is to have the endorsement not withdrawn, do I need to apply for an extension before Jan 2022 in my case to have better chances for an extension because, till Jan 2022, I will have both a 1-month valid contract with the university and 6 months of GTV left.

Thanks in advance for your time in reading all my questions and will be glad to hear experts advise. :D

i2siss
Algeria

Re: Global Talent visa extension ( UKRI Route 3: endorsed funder)

Post by i2siss » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:41 pm

For how long have you been on GTV? Where you on Tier 2 before?

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by neutronica » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm

1 year on GTV. This is my first work visa.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm

neutronica wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:36 pm
Hello all,

I am currently on a 2-year GTV ( UKRI endorsed) valid till April 2022 and would like to apply for an extension for at least 2 years so that I can be eligible for ILR. According to gov. uk guidance on GTV extension,

You can usually apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Global Talent visa if:

i) the organisation that endorsed you has not withdrawn its approval
ii) you can show that you earned money in your expert field during your time in the UK by sending evidence toward your application, for example, payslips

There are no requirements or documents other than the above two mentioned in the guidance.

My questions are:

1) My research grant and contract with university will end in Feb 2022 i.e. 3 months before my visa expiry date. So, I am wondering whether I need to have another same level job or grant for applying for a GTV extension? or I can apply for extension without a next contract or grant?

2) Since I need to apply for a visa extension before the current visa expires, How long before the visa expiry I can apply for an extension?

3) Since one of the conditions is to have the endorsement not withdrawn, do I need to apply for an extension before Jan 2022 in my case to have better chances for an extension because, till Jan 2022, I will have both a 1-month valid contract with the university and 6 months of GTV left.

Thanks in advance for your time in reading all my questions and will be glad to hear experts advise. :D
Did you get an extension? What documents did you submit?

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by neutronica » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:20 pm

I still have time to apply for an extension. I found that submitting a letter from the employer with details about the annual salary and job role is sufficient for an extension. I will update the post in April 2022.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 am

The only question is:

Will UKVI accept a letter from a former employer which states that you earned money in your expert field?

Kanaan213
Newly Registered

Post by Kanaan213 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:54 am

I am considering accepting a position as a KTP associate at a University in the UK. The KTP is a knowledge transfer partnership which is a three-way collaboration between me(the associate) , a business organisation and a knowledge base organisation (University).

My role will be to lead the research project to provide innovative solutions to help scale and grow the business organisation by improving its processes.

This partnership is funded by UKRI through Innovate UK with the support of co-funders, including the Scottish Funding Council, Welsh Government, Invest Northern Ireland, Defra and BEIS.

My question is, given the nature of this research role, can I apply for an endorsement from UKRI?

Please kindly share your thoughts on this.

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by neutronica » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:30 pm

Yes. As long as UKRI is funding the research and it is explicitly mentioned in the grant agreement which includes details about the financials and contributions, you being employed for doing the activities as per GTE 8.2(c) looks eligible.

Kanaan213
Newly Registered

Post by Kanaan213 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 pm

Yes it is eligible, even the university confirmed it. So but my case looks simmilar to yours. The contract is for 2.5 years . Please Update us on how you did the extension of GTV. Thanks in advance.

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by neutronica » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:57 pm

You can apply for up to 5 years at once irrespective of your contract duration. For example, if your contract is 2 years, you can still apply for up to 5 years. GTV is not related to a particular job once you receive an endorsement.

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:55 am

In my opinion, if money is not a concern, everyone should apply for at least 3-4 years of GTV visa (unless you have passed some time in tier-2 already, in that case less time is preferable). After 3 years, you can apply for ILR. If your spouse apply as dependent, then, apply for 5 years straightaway, since your spouse needs to stay 5 years for ILR. You cannot apply separately (e.g. 3 years for you, 5 for spouse).

fxn
Newly Registered

Post by fxn » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:25 am

Kanaan213 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:54 am
I am considering accepting a position as a KTP associate at a University in the UK. The KTP is a knowledge transfer partnership which is a three-way collaboration between me(the associate) , a business organisation and a knowledge base organisation (University).

My role will be to lead the research project to provide innovative solutions to help scale and grow the business organisation by improving its processes.

This partnership is funded by UKRI through Innovate UK with the support of co-funders, including the Scottish Funding Council, Welsh Government, Invest Northern Ireland, Defra and BEIS.

My question is, given the nature of this research role, can I apply for an endorsement from UKRI?

Please kindly share your thoughts on this.
Hi Kanaan,

Hope you already got your GTV. Do you have any idea if we can switch KTP job and look for a similar role in a different company.

As far as GTV ruling is concerned we can switch, but I am not sure if KTP associates are allowed to do that.